PC will not turn on

Nosfy

Hi guys.

Just in the process of moving my build into a h440 case.

The case come with this wire and I have no idea where is goes :(

post-130253-0-01868800-1426962729_thumb.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

what "this"

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You're going to need to be more specific than "this wire". Can we get a picture? Also check the manual that came with the case, it may have the answer.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

That is just a fan extension coming from the fan hub :)

Sorry using my phone.

Do I need to plug that in? I can't get the PC to turn on and I can't figure out why.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Sorry using my phone.

Do I need to plug that in? I can't get the PC to turn on and I can't figure out why.

No need to plug anything, I even disconnected it entirely :) 

No need to plug anything, I even disconnected it entirely :)

Thanks dude. More investigating needed to figure out why it's not coming on. Been at it all day :(

1scotty1 is correct they look like fan extension,basically you plug each of your fans into these provided the fans you have the 3 pin header some fans come with a molex connector also so make sure the fans you have will use this type of connector to use the connector you have in the picture..

As to your PC not turning on do you have all your main wires connected to correct place on your header switch on your motherboard?this is where you connect your wires for the reset,hd led switches,also make sure you have your 24 pin and the 8 or 6 pin connector plugged in correctly,I have seen where some people would forget to plug there 6 or 8 pin connector in..

The 6 or 8 pin connector is usually just above the CPU.....

1scotty1 is correct they look like fan extension,basically you plug each of your fans into these provided the fans you have the 3 pin header some fans come with a molex connector also so make sure the fans you have will use this type of connector to use the connector you have in the picture..

As to your PC not turning on do you have all your main wires connected to correct place on your header switch on your motherboard?this is where you connect your wires for the reset,hd led switches,also make sure you have your 24 pin and the 8 or 6 pin connector plugged in correctly,I have seen where some people would forget to plug there 6 or 8 pin connector in..

The 6 or 8 pin connector is usually just above the CPU.....

So the motherboard now has power, lights com on etc....... When I try to turn it on the Psu makes a single "click" noise and nothing happens. Any ideas. I've had enough for today so will carry on tomorrow.

Do you see anything on your monitor such as the ASUS name and the bios coming up? as to a signal click coming from the PSU I am not sure what that is but make sure you have everything securely connected such as all the motherboard connections from your PSU and all your fans and video card power connectors and make sure your monitor is securely connected to your video card,also make sure all your memory and video card is sitting securely seated in the slots....

Try all these steps first,I not really good at figuring stuff out like this but these would be some of the steps I would check out..

Maybe someone here with more knowledge then me can also give you some help figuring what else you could try out..

Do you see anything on your monitor such as the ASUS name and the bios coming up? as to a signal click coming from the PSU I am not sure what that is but make sure you have everything securely connected such as all the motherboard connections from your PSU and all your fans and video card power connectors and make sure your monitor is securely connected to your video card,also make sure all your memory and video card is sitting securely seated in the slots....

Try all these steps first,I not really good at figuring stuff out like this but these would be some of the steps I would check out..

Maybe someone here with more knowledge then me can also give you some help figuring what else you could try out..

Thanks bro. Really annoying. Got the new case to it looks sweet but won't turn on :'(

do an external build of it and see if it works

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Thanks bro. Really annoying. Got the new case to it looks sweet but won't turn on :

The one thing you need to make sure is you have all the wires connected correctly that come off your case to your motherboard header pins you could possibly have a them hooked up wrong,check out the layout of your motherboard header to correctly position each of the case wires switches,if you do not have these connected correctly it would cause your motherboard to not start up correctly..

Here is a picture of how my case switches on how they are hooked to the header on my ASUS X-99 mother board are,now since you have the same board as mine take note some case switch wiring maybe different but they pretty much have the same lay out..You will notice that I am using the Q connector making it a lot easier to connect the switches..You will also notice that on the case connectors the writing is not facing up as this is the way it needed to be connected so my mobo would start,hopefuly this will give you a better idea on how they should be connected..

q6etnk.jpg

That wire doesn't have a name, can you be more specific?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

That wire doesn't have a name, can you be more specific?

Are you talking to the OP or me? if your talking to the OP first post with the picture that wire is a fan header you connect one of your case fan to..

Now if your talking to me the wires I am showing him are the wires that come with your case these are for your power on switch,reset switch and hard drive activity LED that come from the front panel of your PC Case..