New mobile phone

migeo

So, I feel really dumb but my 4 months old OnePlus One fell in water. I took it to get it repaired but I was informed after doing a water cleaning that it'll cost more to make it work again than a brand new OPO. 

As a result I was wondering which kind of phone I should get, considering that I have a maximum of 100$ budget. I don't care if it's a used phone, or even if it's a contract since I urgently need a new phone. I have rogers and I noticed that they have the z3 for 50 bucks. is it worth it considering that there are already some leaks about the z4? otherwise, there is the s5, nexus 5, htc One M8, LG G3, for 0.00 bucks,

There is as well the moto g lte for 0 bucks as well, and I have heard that it is a great phone for it's price. What do you guys recommend?

Thank you very much!

BTW, I don't really care as well if you suggest a windows phone or blackberry since I actually like the windows eco-system and I can download some android apps on the  new blackberrys. But, I don't like apple.

Not liking Apple is fair enough, we all have different preferences.

I'd recommend either the G3 or M8 from personal experience, both are solid and should last a long time.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'm just about to order a Z3 myself, it's getting cheaper for a reason (Z4) but that can be a benefit for people like me. Because it's waterproof it'll be better in a puddle than your ex OPO, plus it's got 3GB of ram which is nice for multitasking. The M8 and G3 are good, although from previous use the G3 does lag sometimes when returning to the home screen.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

nexus 5

lots of custom roms

and pure updates from google fast

and is not a fing huge brick like the nexus 6

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Not liking Apple is fair enough, we all have different preferences.

I'd recommend either the G3 or M8 from personal experience, both are solid and should last a long time.

I'm just about to order a Z3 myself, it's getting cheaper for a reason (Z4) but that can be a benefit for people like me. Because it's waterproof it'll be better in a puddle than your ex OPO, plus it's got 3GB of ram which is nice for multitasking. The M8 and G3 are good, although from previous use the G3 does lag sometimes when returning to the home screen.

Thanks for the replies! Now I'm wondering Z3 or M8. The z3 has more ram and a bigger battery. It's as well waterproof. BUT, it's really fragile and mymom's z3 screen broke in less than a week when it fell. So I'll need a very protective case for it.

As for the M8, I LOVE It's design so even if it has a smaller battery (although I read that they both last around 24 hours), and not the better camera. I'm leaning towards the M8. But it has 2 gb of ram. By experience, can any of you tell me if it will matter, if there is a noticeable difference (I do multitask but I'm not a heavy multitasker) Thank yyou for th responds!!

And I don't like apple cause I had a bad experience with their Ipods and ever since I don't trust them.

Go for Z3, i have been using it and not a single complain, and believe me waterproofing is really a cool feature, you will not regret it

I have used the nexus 5 since the day it was released. It sadly died last week. but google customer service have already shipped a new one. I recommend the N5, but my mate has a HTC one m7 and that is also a great phone. I have played with a G3 and it is not as nice as a OnePlus One (just ordered one) or N5 but still left a good first impression. Never liked the samsung phones, i would take a iphone over a samsung. (coming from a proud nexus 5 owner)

I will say my N5 was starting to drop frames with the new 5.0 but still a great phone nonetheless. But the stock android experience is wonderful. 

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately turns out that my contract with rogers is a 3 year controact. as a result I have around 250$ to pay befor even getting a new phone, and of course... I don't have the money right now. I'll have to weait for a few weeks I guess :S