[G SEVEN] Norman's Mac Pro G5 Log [Phase: In-Progress]

Norman_the_Owl

Ok, here goes.

I've been putting a lot of time into the water cooling aspect, and (relatively) little into the case itself. That being said, the case is mostly done.

The radiator mounting plate just needs the holes for the fans cut out (my dad wants to find a special tool to add to his collection, so we're waiting)

Rotated for your viewing convenience

lR67oae.jpg?1

Similarly, i got longer screws in order to mount the fans (They're thicker than usual at 32mm) and shortened them to size.

Again, rotated for viewing convenience

dpnEPIJ.jpg?2

Way over exposed, but i couldn't fix it without making the radiator a black hole

I don't recall if i ever told you what that special package from EVGA was, but here's a picture

UIgnCtG.jpg?2

And onto the work done on the case itself.

I added reinforcements to the area that the power button will go

It's literally a piece of the original back of the case. I used it as a template for a while, but now it's all worn out so i had no use. Figured i'd save myself some time drilling holes.

xMT6xFt.jpg

And i added (another) patch to the back, because i was fed up with the epoxy cracking. This was a piece i had laying around after i cut the plate for the radiator.

This is a horrible picture for some reason

goZHPnJ.jpg

I also found (salvaged from an old PS2 controller) a power button. I'll probably replace it eventually, but it's good enough for now.

LvMzyWG.jpg?1

And on top of some INCREDIBLY blurry DDR3 ram slots. It looked fine on my phone, i don't know what happened.

2l10nUX.jpg

Other than that, i have an ATX motherboard for scale. 

It's gonna be pretty tight...

kCGw0EW.jpg

Edit: I wrote this and meant to upload this last night but i forgot to hit post lol

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it