Gaming Laptop, choices?

Shaqo_Wyn

Sup bruhs!

I need some help finding the cheapest gaming laptop that can play BF4, the Bioshock Trilogy and ETS2 at 60fps - high/ultra settings.

According to some benchmarks I checked I think this means it needs at least a GTX 870M, correct me if I'm wrong.

Specs needed:

- 15.6"

- 1080p @60Hz (preferably IPS)

- 8GBs of RAM (expandable to 16GBs)

- i5 or i7 (doesn't have to be the newest

- GPU that can handle the above mentioned games

- Thin/light weight if possible

- Little to no throttling 

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Shaqo

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Need at budget. I just bought a Sager NP8278-S for 1600USD. i7 and a GTX970. It's 17" but they do offer 15" models. It's a beast.

Sager NP8278-S--CPU-i7-4710MQ--GPU-GTX 970m 6GB--RAM-8GB--Storage-128GB SSD and 1TB HDD--Mouse-Steelseries Rival--Headset-Kingston HyperX Cloud

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8278-S.html

Need at budget. I just bought a Sager NP8278-S for 1600USD. i7 and a GTX970. It's 17" but they do offer 15" models. It's a beast.

Wow, I like how much you can customize it. It looks bulky though.

I was hoping for $1400 or lower, it can have a older GPU and smaller screen to lower costs.

Wow, I like how much you can customize it. It looks bulky though.

I was hoping for $1400 or lower, it can have a older GPU and smaller screen to lower costs.

Clevo P650SE seems like your deal. Look at the NP 8651 for that on XoticPC.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Clevo P650SE seems like your deal. Look at the NP 8651 for that on XoticPC.

Thanks! That's more in the direction of what I'm looking for.

Can you tell me how Clevo / Sager is as a laptop brand? Are they as good as Asus or MSi? Do they run cool/without throttling?

Thanks! That's more in the direction of what I'm looking for.

Can you tell me how Clevo / Sager is as a laptop brand? Are they as good as Asus or MSi? Do they run cool/without throttling?

I was playing BF4 yesterday on my clevo.

This vid was purely for temps though.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Sup bruhs!

I need some help finding the cheapest gaming laptop that can play BF4, the Bioshock Trilogy and ETS2 at 60fps - high/ultra settings.

According to some benchmarks I checked I think this means it needs at least a GTX 870M, correct me if I'm wrong.

Specs needed:

- 15.6"

- 1080p @60Hz (preferably IPS)

- 8GBs of RAM (expandable to 16GBs)

- i5 or i7 (doesn't have to be the newest

- GPU that can handle the above mentioned games

- Thin/light weight if possible

- Little to no throttling 

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Shaqo

Lenovo y50p always my first choice. I would wait for the next generation that's coming out soon to be updated with a gtx 960m.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

clevo and sager and a couple others are like the bmw and ferrari of laptops...the asus and msi are like the lexus and VW of laptops...good..but not as good

and btw...hp and dell and that crap is like the ford and gmc of laptops  :P

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

clevo and sager and a couple others are like the bmw and ferrari of laptops...the asus and msi are like the lexus and VW of laptops...good..but not as good

and btw...hp and dell and that crap is like the ford and gmc of laptops  :P

Not sure I completely agree with that analogy. Considering the Clevo or Sager I would get is cheaper than an Asus or MSi.

Dunno about MSi as I've never had a laptop from them but Asus is the best laptop brand out there at the moment IMO. They go through hell and survive.

They're more like a Ferrari if anything, seeing how they also expect you to pay a hefty premium for "the best". 

I agree that HP and Dell are complete PoS. :P

Well something I was prospecting for myself would be to buy a barebones laptop from MSI through Amazon (since other distributors that MSI and Intel go through are obviously not that consumer friendly) might work.

If I personally were to do this since I like Samsung and I like MSI's dragon I'd probably get MSI's Dragon and Samsung's logo as stickers from a site like Modsticker and the 4th gen i7 inside sticker. (Stickers are gr8 m8)

Specs :

i7 4900MQ

16GB DDR3L 1600MHz

GTX 860M
1TB SSD

1920x1080

Windows 8.1

NPG5fbX.jpg

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Asus is the best laptop brand out there at the moment IMO.

This is completely incorrect. ASUS might have the best cooling with their convoluted designs, but it is BY FAR the most anti-consumer machine ever. Clevo is currently the king of high power notebooks and are the holder of *THE* most powerful laptop in existence, the P570WM. The previous kings were Alienware; the M18x R2 was the best high end laptop for more than quite a while, and even the cut-down AW18 was still quite a contender... but they have fallen further than any other maker.

If enthusiast laptops are your thing (including ease of access to internals and flexible warranties) then you are without a doubt looking for Clevo machines and there is no current alternative. MSI would have amazing contenders with the GT72 and GT80, but the CPUs in them are killing the otherwise-good designs of their machines with respect to cooling and power delivery.