SSD Data Issue

Harry£

Hi, I recently bought a new computer and built it, I've installed Windows 8.1 onto my SSD and made it my boot drive as a result. Now I'm noticing that I'm losing the odd 1-2GB every week or so, and I'm literally installing nothing onto it. I've become paranoid of sorts of programs taking up space on my SSD, maybe because I think it's the holy grail and shouldn't be touched by occasionally used programs, only things I use extensively. Guess I'm worried it'll eventually crawl up and up and take up the majority of my SSD. It's a 256GB drive, but I really want to know what's eating at the space. I have Skype installed and I'm wondering if it's the chat logs or something?

Use treesize and scan

Do a disc cleanup.

And as the guy above mentioned system restore as well.

Move your desktop and you my documents folder onto the HDD, right click, prop, location, change location adn just replace the drive letter, it will create folders and everything automaticaly.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Move your desktop and you my documents folder onto the HDD, right click, prop, location, change location adn just replace the drive letter, it will create folders and everything automaticaly.

Yeah, done all that already. Everything's set to go to the HDD unless I tell it to. Every installer automatically routes to the HDD as an install route. I'll definitely try treesize, thanks.