Cable Management: Desk Edition.

So, my desk has some visible cable going from the monitor to underneath the desk, and a cable going from the monitor to my computer, and my peripheral cables.  It makes my desk look a little messy, so I was wondering how you guys deal with your cables.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

So, my desk has some visible cable going from the monitor to underneath the desk, and a cable going from the monitor to my computer, and my peripheral cables.  It makes my desk look a little messy, so I was wondering how you guys deal with your cables.

If you have a wooden desk one of theses are the best, keeps things off the ground.

Ikea_Sigmun.jpg

I used a 1x2' piece of pegboard suspended from the back edge of my desk by hooks, onto which I zip-tied pretty much everything, including my router, hubs, power bricks, and cable modem.

I'd post a photo, but I'm still in a rehab/therapy facility following a bit of a stroke....

(Pro tip, kids - don't have a stroke, even a micro-stroke. Not fun at all.)

When you flirt with Death, you run the risk that Death has something more serious in mind.

CCIE #4206