What to do with new system?

Nick@9494
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

YES! Depends on your system thought.

If your motherboard and graphics card fully support UEFI and you will install Windows 8 or 10, and have an SSD: then yes.

If not, then no, beside making sure your SATA controller used is set to AHCI mode.

If you plan your system is fully UEFI ready and you plan to use Windows 8 or 10, then:

1- Set your SATA Controller to AHCI mode if its not already.

2- You need to disable CSM, which is the compatibility mode that makes the UEFI emulate the legacy BIOS system for legacy OS.

3- You need to tell the system to boot your Windows 8 disk as UEFI

4- Once you install Windows, have all your drivers, and update it to the max, install the Fast Boot utility from your motherboard manufacture website or disk. This is needed as what you are about to do, will the system so fast to boot, that you wont' be able to go in the UEFI settings menu, without using the motherboard dedicated button or jumper or Fast Boot software .

5- Go in the UEFI and enable Fast Boot (or ultra fast boot or what ever the manufcature calls the fastest mode), and set the system delay time to 0.

Your system SHOULD start from shutdown to desktop fully loaded in ~6sec!

Please note that you can't do this later without formatting and deleting all partitions of your SSD and restarting from scratch basically. This is because under UEFI your SSD/HDD needs to be formatted as GPT and not the legacy MBR like Windows, and the boot system is different.

So my newly build system arrived today. I still need to install windows in it. Do I need to make any adjustment/changes in Bios before installing OS?

usually no besides maybe boot order and maybe drive type but if you use a thumb drive or disk it should pop up put it in if the system is blank. 

after you install windows and all your drivers an updates then you can go in and change things like fan curve's and do overclocking.

Nothing in particular

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

You shouldn't need to change the BIOS for anything other than boot priorities for setting to boot off of a windows disk. After that you should be fine.

What did you buy? O.o

update the bios if needs doing. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

You shouldn't need to change the BIOS for anything other than boot priorities for setting to boot off of a windows disk. After that you should be fine.

What did you buy? O.o

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7FGXNG

usually no besides maybe boot order and maybe drive type but if you use a thumb drive or disk it should pop up put it in if the system is blank. 

after you install windows and all your drivers an updates then you can go in and change things like fan curve's and do overclocking.

I don't think so i am going to overclock this for first few months. This thing cost me one arm and leg :)  But i am loving it.

I don't think so i am going to overclock this for first few months. This thing cost me one arm and leg :)  But i am loving it.

Just make sure you get around to overclocking it at some point. You have a 5960X, you owe it to yourself to overclock that sucker.

Wow...

My curiosity is satisfied...

Forgot to add motherboard Asus X99E-WS

Just make sure you get around to overclocking it at some point. You have a 5960X, you owe it to yourself to overclock that sucker.

I will overclock it eventually )

I know you asked for before bios, but in OS remember to download updates, and security fixes

install os

install drivers

install programs that you use

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

YES! Depends on your system thought.

If your motherboard and graphics card fully support UEFI and you will install Windows 8 or 10, and have an SSD: then yes.

If not, then no, beside making sure your SATA controller used is set to AHCI mode.

If you plan your system is fully UEFI ready and you plan to use Windows 8 or 10, then:

1- Set your SATA Controller to AHCI mode if its not already.

2- You need to disable CSM, which is the compatibility mode that makes the UEFI emulate the legacy BIOS system for legacy OS.

3- You need to tell the system to boot your Windows 8 disk as UEFI

4- Once you install Windows, have all your drivers, and update it to the max, install the Fast Boot utility from your motherboard manufacture website or disk. This is needed as what you are about to do, will the system so fast to boot, that you wont' be able to go in the UEFI settings menu, without using the motherboard dedicated button or jumper or Fast Boot software .

5- Go in the UEFI and enable Fast Boot (or ultra fast boot or what ever the manufcature calls the fastest mode), and set the system delay time to 0.

Your system SHOULD start from shutdown to desktop fully loaded in ~6sec!

Please note that you can't do this later without formatting and deleting all partitions of your SSD and restarting from scratch basically. This is because under UEFI your SSD/HDD needs to be formatted as GPT and not the legacy MBR like Windows, and the boot system is different.