What to upgrade in this PC? I've got ~200 USD to spend

zerge

Not for the money, when saving just a bit more (unless your money is really hard to come by) can get you an i5 and a new mobo. I haven't looked in awhile but I assume the 8350 is still around the $150-$180 range, and while that used to be value, A 4670k would be your ideal bet, especially if you can re-use that cooler, but that's going to be a bit of a stretch. Worth the wait if you can. 

A 4460 may well be within your range, though not unlocked.

I'm unable to find any 4460 + motherboard in my range though, so a 4460 without a motherboard doesn't seem like the best idea ever.

So is the upgrade from 6300 > 8350 a huge difference? I'm unsure as I've not used many of the other FX series CPU's.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/285927-gaming-performance-between-4300-8350-and-4-threaded-performance-between-amd-intel/

^Answered previously, FX4 > FX8 differences.

In some games there is ZERO difference.

All it is,.. is another 2 cores,.. and a slight frequency change..

When the problem stems from software not caring about more cores,... that's a paddlin.

Seriously...You think your PC is fast as it is?,...You have NO IDEA.......... Until you get an SSD!

Why would you limit yourself? :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Can't afford both, which one to upgrade first?

From an FX series i would suggest you upgrade to Intel, but you cant upgrade anything standalone or else you won't have a working computer since Intel and AMD use different sockets.

From an FX series i would suggest you upgrade to Intel, but you cant upgrade anything standalone or else you won't have a working computer since Intel and AMD use different sockets.

I'm ordering a Pentium Anniversary Edition + MSI Z97 motherboard right now, but I'll be getting the i5 4790k when I've got cash. The Pentium is just a temporary CPU so I can use the motherboard :)