My First Gaming PC Build

Keola

Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum. I'd like to start off by informing everyone that I am 14 years old and trying to build my first PC. I've compiled a list of parts, and I would like to know if the PC build is compatible with itself as well as capable of running games at 1440p, 60fps. I want to run games such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto V, and similar titles. The PC runs about $1,250 and I will be saving money over the course of the next 8-10 months in order to purchase the parts. I plan on running Windows 10 with it, when it comes out to the general public. Here's the PC (No monitor, mouse, or keyboard, yet): http://pcpartpicker.com/user/keolakm/saved/PL3BD3

get better brand 970, gigabyte is the best one, EVGA, MSI and ASUS are great as well also get cheaper motherboard, they doesn't influence performance, ASUS has the best ones IMO. :)

Edit: Also you don't really need thermal paste, the one that comes with CM212 is good enough.

Edited by pomaranc

get better brand 970, gigabyte is the best one, EVGA, MSI and ASUS are great as well also get cheaper motherboard, they doesn't influence performance, ASUS has the best ones IMO. :)

Edit: Also you don't really need thermal paste, the one that comes with CM212 is good enough.

Thank you! I chose the Asrock motherboard to fit the blue scheme of the case. I'm sure I can find it elsewhere, for less. Is there any certain model GTX 970 that you recommend?

Thank you! I chose the Asrock motherboard to fit the blue scheme of the case. I'm sure I can find it elsewhere, for less. Is there any certain model GTX 970 that you recommend?

Gigabyte G1 gaming is the best one IMO, you can get cheaper asrock motherboard as you probably won't need features on extreme 6 version.

Edit: Gigabyte 970 also has light blue LED :)

Gigabyte G1 gaming is the best one IMO, you can get cheaper asrock motherboard as you probably won't need features on extreme 6 version.

Edit: Gigabyte 970 also has light blue LED :)

Thanks, again. I looked at the Gigabyte GTX 970 and it looks like it would make my color scheme perfect! The price isn't holding me back, either. Good recommendation. It did take me a while to find a motherboard, but if I search I'm sure I'll find one. I'm mainly looking for blue and black motherboards. I'll also have to change the PSU wattage, but that's no issue. Do you know if it can run any of the games I specified?

Unless your planning to borrowing the money to buy now don't worry to much yet. Prices will change, new hardware will come out, etc...

My recommendation -

1. Set a budgetary goal (700$, 1000$, whatever)

2. Start saving

3. When your 80-90% to your goal(4-6 weeks) start looking for sales!

4. Buy the best value component

5. build

Your build is solid, but in the next 10 months you have things like Black Friday, or The new gen of Intel/ati... Follow sites like slickdeals to get good deals, and be flexible with your selection. Your video card or mobo of choice my not be on sale but a competitors may have a rebate available so keep an eye out.

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

Thanks, again. I looked at the Gigabyte GTX 970 and it looks like it would make my color scheme perfect! The price isn't holding me back, either. Good recommendation. It did take me a while to find a motherboard, but if I search I'm sure I'll find one. I'm mainly looking for blue and black motherboards. I'll also have to change the PSU wattage, but that's no issue. Do you know if it can run any of the games I specified?

At 1440p you will be able to get 60FPS at max or in the most demanding games almost max details (I have similar PC but I don't usually play a newest AAA games but I have BF3 and I get 120FPS at  1080p maxed out and 60FPS at 4K maxed out but without AA)   :) Take a look at asrock extreme3 or 4, they are cheaper and they should have all the features you need :)

Also since you will be building it later make thread again when you will be getting it, PC HW is constantly evolving and R9 300 series is coming soon 

Unless your planning to borrowing the money to buy now don't worry to much yet. Prices will change, new hardware will come out, etc...

My recommendation -

1. Set a budgetary goal (700$, 1000$, whatever)

2. Start saving

3. When your 80-90% to your goal(4-6 weeks) start looking for sales!

4. Buy the best value component

5. build

Your build is solid, but in the next 10 months you have things like Black Friday, or The new gen of Intel/ati... Follow sites like slickdeals to get good deals, and be flexible with your selection. Your video card or mobo of choice my not be on sale but a competitors may have a rebate available so keep an eye out.

Thanks, Ryan. That is definitely something to look out for. I actually went ahead and made some adjustments to my build. It's about $140 less and it's more of a value for the money. I'm just trying to pick parts that'll run the games I want it to run and that I can use/easily upgrade for years to come. I'm hoping to have it built around Holiday Season. Black Friday as well as my birthday are all tied into that time of year so I'll definitely keep my eyes open for deals!

Get the G1 gaming version, gigabyte sorts their GPUs and puts the best ones in it which means that the cheaper version won't overclock well.

Do you mind linking it for me?