Don't support Swiftech

At the same time, we shouldn't be conditioned to believe that one slight defect in one item automatically means the entire company sucks and shouldn't be in business and no one should ever buy anything carrying that brand -- but so has come the way of product reviews on the Internet...

With a Corsair H60 I bought in December 2013, there were a couple bent fins on it. Didn't have any issues with unit and the performance was as expected. So I didn't bother trying to exchange it -- and it wouldn't surprise me if Micro Center wouldn't have allowed the exchange. It was a small "defect" that I was willing to live with. Given how the H60 is packaged, this was a handling issue with the manufacturer.

So this "if there is one bent fin" bit is overkill. Are you really going to undergo the time and additional expense of exchanging a radiator or AIO that has a few bent fins? Now if we're talking about a lot of bent fins, I can understand wanting to exchange it -- depending on the extent, that can be painstaking to repair. And certainly if there are other visible concerns with the radiator or AIO that could or do impact its performance. But getting all up in arms and demanding an exchange over one bent fin is just a bit much.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

At the same time, we shouldn't be conditioned to believe that one slight defect in one item automatically means the entire company sucks and shouldn't be in business and no one should ever buy anything carrying that brand -- but so has come the way of product reviews on the Internet...

With a Corsair H60 I bought in December 2013, there were a couple bent fins on it. Didn't have any issues with unit and the performance was as expected. So I didn't bother trying to exchange it -- and it wouldn't surprise me if Micro Center wouldn't have allowed the exchange. It was a small "defect" that I was willing to live with. Given how the H60 is packaged, this was a handling issue with the manufacturer.

So this "if there is one bent fin" bit is overkill. Are you really going to undergo the time and additional expense of exchanging a radiator or AIO that has a few bent fins? Now if we're talking about a lot of bent fins, I can understand wanting to exchange it -- depending on the extent, that can be painstaking to repair. And certainly if there are other visible concerns with the radiator or AIO that could or do impact its performance. But getting all up in arms and demanding an exchange over one bent fin is just a bit much.

Yeah i should of put that i meant in general with my post because i personally don't have any problems with Swiftech. As far as the 1 fin bit it would depend. I use to own my own garage with my father. and part of our profit was from buying wrecked cars and parting them out. Some of those parts were radiators and A.C. Condensers. I was responsible for packing them if they needed to be shipped. There is a pain staking process to making sure a Rad doesn't get bent i know because i have been there. And if someone got one damaged i took it personal. And also did whatever they felt they needed to be happy.

As i was saying though i just don't want to see us as consumers get stuck justifying damage because it's something that can be fixed with something as simple as a zip tie. Or get stuck with something because a company thinks that there normal should be the accepted normal for everyone.

Edit: I guess now we see why Linus goes on about soft foam. lol :D

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

My problem with this company isn't with their products, it's their attitude and willingness to help and accommodate customers. The point wasn't about the damage, because this kind of thing happens with a lot of products these days (unfortunate, but beside the point), the point was that they fought to make the situation difficult, because instead of wanting to make a customer happy, they preferred to be bullheaded. Bryan knew I wouldn't send the product in for repair, and that's why he finally offered it. Think about it, they'd save more vs labor / shipping having just agreed to the discount offered by PPCS.