Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk

What is the RAM clearance on this CPU Cooler? Like for example, on a Z87N-Wifi would it interfere with the RAM slots at all, or would I be able to use only low-profile RAM. What kind of overclock can I expect on a 4670k?

I would go with low profile ram just to be safe.

as to the overclock it varies from chip to chip,especially so on haswell,you might get capped at 4.2ghz,or you might be able to to get to 5ghz.

you'll just have to put your cash down and see how your luck is.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

For my M5A97 motherboard the Dark Knight II just barely clears the first ram slot if that helps. 

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

I have used the Xigmatek Dark Knight II SD1283 Night Hawk Edition in the past and I had plenty of space before the first RAM slot. I'd estimate 7mm or so.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Thats a pretty slim cooler so you should have no interference with the ram. And even if there was interference you could always use it in a pull-configuration and put the fan at the 'back' of the cooler.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

did somebody say Dark knight?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Found a thread on this: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/14637-xigmatek-dark-knight-nighthawk-ram-clearance/

The board that you suggested may interfere with the cooler since the ram slots are pretty close to the cpu socket. I would get low profile ram to avoid ram interfering with the cpu cooler. A overclock on a 4670k would be around 4.2-4.8GHz depending on your chip.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer