Help me pick right PSU!

skljom
Go to solution Solved by quan289,

are you trolling? I am first time hearing for FSP raider and why is that better than corsair or coolermaster or thermaltake? Explain please

The Cooler Master Elite Power 500w is bad. Here's a review of the 460w version: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Elite-Power-460-W-Power-Supply-Review/1005/9

The Thermaltake Smart SE, as I have stated, is a lower-end CWT GPM unit - similar to the Corsair VS (a series that's lower than even the DSA-III unit that the CX is based off of) ; however, it uses lower quality capacitor than it.

The FSP Raider is essentially a cost down version of the Aurum design. It does uses somewhat better secondary capacitor than the CX600 (Taiwanese Teapo vs Chinese CapXon), and it is more efficient. Since they are both group-regulated, voltage regulation isn't all too different; however, the CX is indeed a better performer in respect to DC quality output.

Considering the price of the unit being $18 USD / 35 BAM less than the CX, the FSP Raider would be fine for your system even if you were to used a 570.

Hi LTT! I have FX4100 CPU at stock speeds, 4gb of DDR3 ram, 1 HDD 7200 RPm WD caviar blue 500GB, GTX 570 phantom @ stock and one CD-DVD ROM which I never use (will prob disconnect it). How much PSU Wattage do I need? I plan on getting something like Thermaltake modular PSU but I am not sure how many Watts is fine for 80% bronze lets say. PSU calculator says min PSU wattage 407W and recommended 457W. I guess that means for 100% PSU usage which is not possible. Help me guys.

PS: Sorry for bad English.

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

go with a decent 600 watts, it will be plenty.

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

if it says EVGA your golden

500 is enough but 600 to be safe

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

500 is enough but 600 to be safe

sooo 550W Thermaltake 80% full modular is okay? I mean Tt isn't some cheap chinese brand plus they give warranty of 3 years on that.

sooo 550W Thermaltake 80% full modular is okay? I mean Tt isn't some cheap chinese brand plus they give warranty of 3 years on that.

dont touch TT in PSU's mine coil whines I hear sparking and its dying on me also it is very noisy

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

dont touch TT in PSU's mine coil whines I hear sparking and its dying on me also it is very noisy

maybe you just got bad apple? My friend recently bought 600W Tt modular PSU 80% bronze and he says he didn't have single issue. It is cool, quiet and works just fine. He got i5, r7 260x, 4gb RAM etc etc...

maybe you just got bad apple? My friend recently bought 600W Tt modular PSU 80% bronze and he says he didn't have single issue. It is cool, quiet and works just fine. He got i5, r7 260x, 4gb RAM etc etc...

mien was like that for a while

also all reviews say that TT uses low quality stuff

just stay away please

listen to me DONT TOUCH TT PSU's

:(, in my eastern europe country we only have thermaltake, chieftec, msi and gigabyte PSUs. I just read on toms hardware forum that Gigabyte PSUs suck dick. I don't wanna buy some used PSU from internet. The friend I talked you about got corsair and it broke after 3 months....

:(, in my eastern europe country we only have thermaltake, chieftec, msi and gigabyte PSUs. I just read on toms hardware forum that Gigabyte PSUs suck dick. I don't wanna buy some used PSU from internet. The friend I talked you about got corsair and it broke after 3 months....

try corsair again 99% of people with corsair PSUs have 0 issues

Yo, I have a similar build, and I needed a new PSU so I ordered this http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/b-series/b500ver2/

This is an 80 Plus PSU , only because it's made for EU . I don't know how it works yet, but it looked pretty good for the low price . If you want, you could add me on steam , and I could tell you how it works when I get it

try corsair again 99% of people with corsair PSUs have 0 issues

just checked my online retailer and Corsair CX500M is double the price of Thermaltakes and 600W is even more :/. I am also on tight budget. Does cooler master make good PSUs?

just checked my online retailer and Corsair CX500M is double the price of Thermaltakes and 600W is even more :/. I am also on tight budget. Does cooler master make good PSUs?

just stick with TT then

just compare Johnny guru reviews

Yeah they apparently do, just don't know about this one. Oh and by the way , I live in Eastern Europe too.

Thermaltake sell some solid units as well as bad ones. You need to pay attention to what model you are looking at when buying from them. For example, the Thermaltake Smart 750-M is a CWT PUQ-B unit internally. It's the same platform used in the CX750M; however, the Thermaltake uses higher quality 105C Japanese caps and a 2BB fan instead of CapXon and a sleeved bearing fan.

If I'm not mistaken, the Thermaltake Smart SE 530w is an lower-end unit from CWT - GPM platform. I would go with something else.

Can you provide a link to where you are buying from, as well as your budget.

Yeah they apparently do, just don't know about this one. Oh and by the way , I live in Eastern Europe too.

Ordered mine B500 500W ver.2 PSU for 38euro

lol wrong quote :D

Thermaltake sell some solid units as well as bad ones. You need to pay attention to what model you are looking at when buying from them. For example, the Thermaltake Smart 750-M is a CWT PUQ-B unit internally. It's the same platform used in the CX750M; however, the Thermaltake uses higher quality 105C Japanese caps and a 2BB fan instead of CapXon and a sleeved bearing fan.

If I'm not mistaken, the Thermaltake Smart SE 530w is an lower-end unit from CWT - GPM platform. I would go with something else.

Can you provide a link to where you are buying from, as well as your budget.

Here is kinda cheapest websites that sell new and used stuff. I only marked new, 500W to 600W with 80+ bronze efficency: http://www.olx.ba/pretraga?kategorija=1042&id=5&stanje=1&vrstapregleda=tabela&sort_order=desc&snaga-w_min=500&snaga-w_max=600&efikasnost_select_80-plus-bronze=80+Plus+Bronze

The prices are in BAM, converter BAM to USD is here: http://coinmill.com/BAM_USD.html

Second website that I use is: fucking down :/,it seems that they use 3rd world hosting too......

and from the first link I provided it seems that the best option is corsair CX600W?

edit: My budget is selling HD6770 for around 70-80$ which is it current price on listed above website for used. It is working fine and it has never been overclocked, just regularly cleaned from dust.

This is a horrible motto to live by.

"Rawr XD"

This is a horrible motto to live by.

I was trying to make it a pun

apparently it didnt get to you

then again it was bad

Don't listen to him. There's nothing wrong with that ThermalTake PSU if you get it for the right price. It's pretty much on the level of the Corsair CX500. Not a Seasonic by any means but definitely not a diablotek. 

Here is kinda cheapest websites that sell new and used stuff. I only marked new, 500W to 600W with 80+ bronze efficency: http://www.olx.ba/pretraga?kategorija=1042&id=5&stanje=1&vrstapregleda=tabela&sort_order=desc&snaga-w_min=500&snaga-w_max=600&efikasnost_select_80-plus-bronze=80+Plus+Bronze

If it's only between those 10 PSUs, I'd go for the FSP Raider.

"Rawr XD"

The Thermaltake he is looking at is actually worse than the CX line and more comparable to the VS series of Corsair.

But yeah, the FSP Raider would be fine for a setup with the 6770.

The Thermaltake he is looking at is actually worse than the CX line and more comparable to the VS series of Corsair.

But yeah, the FSP Raider would be fine for a setup with the 6770.

I wanna get rid of 6770 and insert gtx 570, more than double the performance on gtx570.

Don't listen to him. There's nothing wrong with that ThermalTake PSU if you get it for the right price. It's pretty much on the level of the Corsair CX500. Not a Seasonic by any means but definitely not a diablotek. 

If it's only between those 10 PSUs, I'd go for the FSP Raider.

are you trolling? I am first time hearing for FSP raider and why is that better than corsair or coolermaster or thermaltake? Explain please