OneGigabit to offer Google Fiber-like internet speeds for $45-$65 a month

lxMaDnEsSxl

Yeah so, a while back ago I requested Linus on his livestream to talk about Google Fiber and if they would come to Canada, and he finally did kind of talk about it for like 5-10 minutes.

I was hoping that Google Fiber or a similiar service would be coming some time soon to Canada especially in the GTA, and it has.

Well, in Vancouver.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/07/03/technology-one-gigabit-internet.html

I'm paying about $65 for 25mb down and 10mb up with Bell.

• 2 months later...

Dammit! Someone do this in my location! 

IKR I want it at my place tooo. and for $65 thats cheap!

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Aw yes, I'm excited!

Waiting for it to be in my specific area. I can finally have fast internet.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Dammit, Canada is getting better internet speeds then where I live. (Its close to a city)

Every topic I post in dies.

Wow this is a pretty good deal imo. Just hope that the Internet that they provide will be fast and stable and will have no throttling. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

They only contract with newly developed buildings. Unless you're willing to split the cost between a dozen people, don't expect fiber to be available in your area.

and if u switched the words around it still makes sense

Google Fiber to offer OneGigabit internet speeds for $45-$65 a month

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yeah this is why I'll end up moving somewhere that has better than 10 up 1 down. Dallas resident here. Austin sounds nice.

Once you go fiber you never go back i'd rather pay my internet bill then the water bill.

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE