How to upgrade windows 8 to 8.1 fast way

BeyondRico

so we recently  are installing windows 8 on pc's but we have to upgrade them to 8.1 does someone now a fast way to upgrade them

( so not with windows update and then like 500 updates before 8.1 shows up) something like a image to upgrade pc's in the future.

My Red/Black rig: CM Storm Trooper Window - i5 4690K - Asus GTX 980 Strix DCU - Asus VII Formula z97 - Corsair H100i - 16GB Vengeance pro 2400MHz -Samsung 850 Pro 256GB(os) - Seagate barracuda 2TB - crucial BX200 250GB SSD - Cooler Master v850.----  Dell XPS 13: i5-5500u - 256GB SSD - 8GB DDR3L.

so we recently  are installing windows 8 on pc's but we have to upgrade them to 8.1 does someone now a fast way to upgrade them

( so not with windows update and then like 500 updates before 8.1 shows up) something like a image to upgrade pc's in the future.

Get a computer that still needs to be upadated download WSUS offline updater and create a iso file with all the updates needed.

Then you can put all the updates on a usb/dvd and plug them in all of the computers that needs updating.

http://download.wsusoffline.net/

Get a computer that still needs to be upadated download WSUS offline updater and create a iso file with all the updates needed.

Then you can put all the updates on a usb/dvd and plug them in all of the computers that needs updating.

http://download.wsusoffline.net/

No.

Windows 8.1 Media Creation Tool is the way to go. It requires no key, is by microsoft and gives you a bootable usb stick/dvd with a fully updated Windows 8.1.

The problem is that the keys are Windows 8 upgrade keys so we first have to install Win. 7 Pro, use an extracted iso to install Win. 8 (not 8.1) though Win. 7 and then download a bunch of updates before 8.1 is even available in the Microsoft Store.

We already tried a clean install of 8.1 but the key's don't work like that, it really needs to be upgraded from Windows 7, that's probably why the keys were so cheap..this would be no problem at home but we need to install dozens of pc's.

Microsoft and their million kinds of keys.... thats stupid

The problem is that the keys are Windows 8 upgrade keys so we first have to install Win. 7 Pro, use an extracted iso to install Win. 8 (not 8.1) though Win. 7 and then download a bunch of updates before 8.1 is even available in the Microsoft Store.

We already tried a clean install of 8.1 but the key's don't work like that, it really needs to be upgraded from Windows 7, that's probably why the keys were so cheap..this would be no problem at home but we need to install dozens of pc's.

Smeagol dont double post ;)

Smeagol dont double post ;)

Didnt double post... mustve been some kind of bug

No.

Windows 8.1 Media Creation Tool is the way to go. It requires no key, is by microsoft and gives you a bootable usb stick/dvd with a fully updated Windows 8.1.

This works without fiddling with keys.

This works without fiddling with keys.

yes butt we don't want to do a clean install we have to upgrade from windows 8 to 8.1

because we have to do it with 100+ pc's we want a faster way than just installing updates till the windows 8.1 update shows

up

My Red/Black rig: CM Storm Trooper Window - i5 4690K - Asus GTX 980 Strix DCU - Asus VII Formula z97 - Corsair H100i - 16GB Vengeance pro 2400MHz -Samsung 850 Pro 256GB(os) - Seagate barracuda 2TB - crucial BX200 250GB SSD - Cooler Master v850.----  Dell XPS 13: i5-5500u - 256GB SSD - 8GB DDR3L.

yes butt we don't want to do a clean install we have to upgrade from windows 8 to 8.1

because we have to do it with 100+ pc's we want a faster way than just installing updates till the windows 8.1 update shows

up

You don't need to clean install, have you even taken a look at the link?