Coding Project help

Sdot

Hello, I have come here before for help and it was always a successful experience. My girlfriend needs help with something she just told me about that is due on tuesday. My coding homework was never as intense and thorough as what she has been told to do though. For some of you this may be simple as hell but it gives me a headache.

I have attached the project file for anyone interested in pointing me in the right direction.

I believe it's C++

Thanks guys.

Project2.doc

Looks like the project is in Visual Basic according to the assignment (doesn't specify if VB6 or VB.NET but I'll assume the latter).

I uploaded the document here in case anyone can't view .doc files. Never used that site before so I don't know how long they hold on to documents. Sorry in advance if it becomes a dead link.

Not sure if anyone here will help you out without more specific questions and code samples though. Without telling us what problems you/she has then it's hard to give any direction.

Looks like the project is in Visual Basic according to the assignment (doesn't specify if VB6 or VB.NET but I'll assume the latter).

I uploaded the document here in case anyone can't view .doc files. Never used that site before so I don't know how long they hold on to documents. Sorry in advance if it becomes a dead link.

Not sure if anyone here will help you out without more specific questions and code samples though. Without telling us what problems you/she has then it's hard to give any direction.

She is completely lost, as am I. It is due Tuesday. I told her that I wish she had given me more time to get help.

She is completely lost, as am I. It is due Tuesday. I told her that I wish she had given me more time to get help.

Has she started? It's really difficult to help when we have no idea what she has done or what issues she is facing.

If she hasn't started, then I'd recommend her to at least start. Update this thread when she faces specific issues and we can help resolve those.

Start with setting up the requirements from the question. What classes do you need? What functions do you need? What does your GUI need to have?

It doesn't need to have any functionality yet, just put things in place. Working through this may help you better understand the question and give you more direction on how to tackle the functionality.

She has not started, and frankly I don't think she knows how to start it. She is taking 18 credits, I believe she incredibly overwhelmed herself. If I knew how to start it or even 100% complete it for her I would, but I don't.

Do you guys know of a website or something that I can go to that I can give them like 30-40 bucks or something and they code it for me? I know this is incredibly simple to someone out there.

Someone let me know if asking this is even allowed here and I will remove it.

She has not started, and frankly I don't think she knows how to start it. She is taking 18 credits, I believe she incredibly overwhelmed herself. If I knew how to start it or even 100% complete it for her I would, but I don't.

Do you guys know of a website or something that I can go to that I can give them like 30-40 bucks or something and they code it for me? I know this is incredibly simple to someone out there.

Dude, if you are resorting to paying someone else to code this for you, maybe you should re-evaluate your interest in coding. You will never learn anything from just having someone else do it for you. This project is not that hard if you just read through it and create a design plan. Don't try to just jump in and start coding. Get a piece of paper/white board and start writing down what you need to do and how you are going to do it. Then translate your pseudo code into actual code and you should have no problem. The instructor has already provided all the calculations and such so you don't even need to worry about the math.

Edit: I am not trying to be a douche, but seriously you should not be considering paying someone.

Dude, if you are resorting to paying someone else to code this for you, maybe you should re-evaluate your interest in coding. You will never learn anything from just having someone else do it for you. This project is not that hard if you just read through it and create a design plan. Don't try to just jump in and start coding. Get a piece of paper/white board and start writing down what you need to do and how you are going to do it. Then translate your pseudo code into actual code and you should have no problem. The instructor has already provided all the calculations and such so you don't even need to worry about the math.

Edit: I am not trying to be a douche, but seriously you should not be considering paying someone.

"Re-evaluate my interest in coding"?

You are coming at me as if it were my project. If you would read what I said, I stated that I was trying to help my girlfriend.

The internet, where people say what they want, whenever they want regardless of what was said.

Edit: paying would be a one time thing based on her asking me for help with it being due in a couple days. I just don't want her to get a bad grade. As I have said before, she is taking 18 credits and has a lot on her plate so I am just trying to help her.

Edit#2: I don't even know why I am trying to justify myself to an internet stranger. Ignore everything above that I have said and replace it with. "Thank you for your input Shockz."

She still has time to get something done for tomorrow and she'll only lose 25 points if she hands it in by Thursday. Much better than a zero. Hell, even the 50 point reduction by next Tuesday is better than zero.

It's great that your willing to help her, but you shouldn't be doing it all for her either. And don't result paying someone. She should do it herself or you two should work on it together at the same time so you can talk out issues and help figure things out. I know she's busy, and it was a bad idea to procrastinate on this because it is time consuming, but don't just give up on this and get a zero.

@Shockz gave some good advice which I will second.

She still has time to get something done for tomorrow and she'll only lose 25 points if she hands it in by Thursday. Much better than a zero. Hell, even the 50 point reduction by next Tuesday is better than zero.

It's great that your willing to help her, but you shouldn't be doing it all for her either. And don't result paying someone. She should do it herself or you two should work on it together at the same time so you can talk out issues and help figure things out. I know she's busy, and it was a bad idea to procrastinate on this because it is time consuming, but don't just give up on this and get a zero.

@Shockz gave some good advice which I will second.

Thank you for your input.

Edit: yeah, you guys are right.

I believe it's C++

"...To further prove your ability to use Visual Basic..."

From the document that you had apparently read.

@Shockz is completely correct. By paying someone to do this you are not going to learn anything whatsoever. Moreover the end result will very likely deviate from the specifications in any event. Often to the point where it wouldn't surprise me very much if it were to be incorrect in whole or in part for that matter. It's difficult enough when dealing with outsourcing/contracting (especially overseas) in a professional setting to ensure that something is implemented correctly... Quite often there is a great deal of 'back and forthing'. Furthermore consider what you will do upon being asked to explain the code and the assumptions/design behind it.

It's tempting to see this option as simply being resourceful instead of the blatant cheating that it is. I would posit to warn that the consequences can run far graver than one would initially perceive. Especially when ones decision making process is affected by the pressure of their life imminently imploding around them.

If it has gotten to this point by whatever reasons then the question of revaluation should be raised. Whether that applies to ones time management or simply their ability to handle the course content only they can truly know.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

"...To further prove your ability to use Visual Basic..."

From the document that you had apparently read.

@Shockz is completely correct. By paying someone to do this you are not going to learn anything whatsoever. Moreover the end result will very likely deviate from the specifications in any event. Often to the point where it wouldn't surprise me very much if it were to be incorrect in whole or in part for that matter. It's difficult enough when dealing with outsourcing/contracting (especially overseas) in a professional setting to ensure that something is implemented correctly... Quite often there is a great deal of 'back and forthing'. Furthermore consider what you will do upon being asked to explain the code and the assumptions/design behind it.

It's tempting to see this option as simply being resourceful instead of the blatant cheating that it is. I would posit to warn that the consequences can run far graver than one would initially perceive. Especially when ones decision making process is affected by the pressure of their life imminently imploding around them.

If it has gotten to this point by whatever reasons then the question of revaluation should be raised. Whether that applies to ones time management or simply their ability to handle the course content only they can truly know.

As I've said, this wasn't for me. I was just trying to help my girlfriend out in a really short time. Thank you for your input though.