Installed the heatsink and was all happy and then ... :(

DeViLzzz

http://www.ncix.com/detail/xigmatek-hdt-s1283-direct-touch-3-1c-30012.htm

I go and get this installed easily and I look at the thing and I am like this is not a passive cooler.  I was wondering where the fan was for it.  Well somehow I may have lost it. LOL!  Anyway now to check various pcs of mine for it and my brother's eventually if need be. 

Let this be a reminder to others to never put off doing a task you intended to do long ago.  I did not install this cooler right away because I didn't like the idea of having to tear apart my pc entirely by taking the motherboard out and putting on a back plate.  I wish I hadn't been so stupid as again this was easy to do.

Anyway with all this said I may need to buy a fan for it and I can just get any 120 mm fan and rig it up to the cooler eh if need be and I was wondering what fan people would recommend?

Btw this heatsink is installed on a socket 775 E5200 or E5300 (I can't remember which it is) and I was all set to hit that awesome 4 GHz mark and then I find I have no fan for the heatsink. LOL!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Noctua nf-f12s are excellent but a little pricey.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I never, ever, take building PCs lightly. I guess in my case it's due to the fact that I do it professionaly, as a career, but nonetheless - even on my personal, friends, or families' rigs, I make sure I go the full course even for the most simple of tasks. If I install a fan, I get the PC into a non-carpet area, put on my ESD, unplug everything, etc.

5 extra minutes, but for me it built proper habit-keeping skills for my business.

Glad you didn't screw anything up before ending up at this fact.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I never, ever, take building PCs lightly. I guess in my case it's due to the fact that I do it professionaly, as a career, but nonetheless - even on my personal, friends, or families' rigs, I make sure I go the full course even for the most simple of tasks. If I install a fan, I get the PC into a non-carpet area, put on my ESD, unplug everything, etc.

5 extra minutes, but for me it built proper habit-keeping skills for my business.

Glad you didn't screw anything up before ending up at this fact.

I wish I was working for a pc shop but it just isn't in the cards for me.  I don't have a degree.  I have anxiety disorder which keeps me from taking chances and asking for a job/applying for a job.  I did have one person that may or may not hire me if they buy a local store.  My mom was working on that person to hire me if they ever bought the store.   Anyway as for screwing things up I tend not to when it comes to pcs and btw ....

I JUST FOUND THE FAN in the old socket 775 mobo box I was looking for.  LOL!  

Oh and I also found glasses I was missing too. Hahahahahaha!

Well I was happy to find the fan but now I see I am going to have to rig it onto the heat sink as I think the clamps or whatever for it are definitely lost. Twisty ties will have to do.

Update: Yay for twisty ties!  Now if I could only remember the freaking password for the computer.  It was locked down for various reasons.  The clue is NHL but nothing I have entered has worked thus far and so I am going to ask is there a password that works for all Windows 7 pcs no matter what the question it asks?