Bottleneck?

arecheese

I'm currently using an i3-3220 and am thinking of upgrading my GPU to a gtx970 but I'm worried if it'll cause bottlenecking.also,is a Silverstone strider essential 500W enough? I read a GPU guide saying it's enough but some of my friends say it won't be.

Thanks for the guidance!

Power supply should be enough, but your i3 will bottleneck in many demanding titles. 

That being said, if you have the money, you should still go for the 970 if you're looking to increase your gaming performance.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Only get it if you're planning on upgrading that CPU to an Ivy Bridge i5 or i7 soon. Otherwise the GTX 970 will be a waste of money and you could go with a GTX 960 instead. Always makes more sense to have a balanced system unless you're doing upgrades soon so that it's not unbalanced for long.

Only get it if you're planning on upgrading that CPU to an Ivy Bridge i5 or i7 soon. Otherwise the GTX 970 will be a waste of money and you could go with a GTX 960 instead. Always makes more sense to have a balanced system unless you're doing upgrades soon so that it's not unbalanced for long.

Get a 280X if you are thinking of getting the 960.

I actually wanted the 280x but heard about complaints with stuttering and also it doesn't seem like my PSU is powerful enough, but thanks for the insight guys, I guess I'll upgrade GPU then look for a second hand i5 or i7

I actually wanted the 280x but heard about complaints with stuttering and also it doesn't seem like my PSU is powerful enough, but thanks for the insight guys, I guess I'll upgrade GPU then look for a second hand i5 or i7

Your Seasonic 550w is enough for a 280x. And I didn't have any stuttering issues in my 280x.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I would R9 290.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770