New 4k PC Build

Hi, I have been watching quite a few videos. I am a huge gamer, I have recently bought myself a 4k monitor. I was wondering if you knew a setup I could do to run games like Metro Last Light, full 4k and max setting with just over 60 fps. I have no specific price range just if cheaper the better, thanks.

~ Matt.

P.S I have done a lot of research and I found a lot of things, if this is a good rig and you believe it to fit me need then please tell me. http://pastebin.com/U1Ua3utD

Hi, I have been watching quite a few videos. I am a huge gamer, I have recently bought myself a 4k monitor. I was wondering if you knew a setup I could do to run games like Metro Last Light, full 4k and max setting with just over 60 fps. I have no specific price range just if cheaper the better, thanks.

~ Matt.

P.S I have done a lot of research and I found a lot of things, if this is a good rig and you believe it to fit me need then please tell me. http://pastebin.com/U1Ua3utD

Nope not at max settings

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

~ Matt.

Shjt build. Anything less than 980 sli is not enough; anything more, and you are looking at minimum fps dips paradise.

And just as a note, you can't achieve what you want (yet). Maybe in 2~3 years, but surely not now.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Running any game, let alone an extremely taxing game like Metro at max settings and 4K 60 FPS is either extremely difficult or straight up impossible right now. Either settle for less or wait a few years for 4K to become viable. Even then it will likely still be massively expensive.

Shjt build. Anything less than 980 sli is not enough; anything more, and you are looking at minimum fps dips paradise.

And just as a note, you can't achieve what you want (yet). Maybe in 2~3 years, but surely not now.

We havn't seen Titan X benchmarks yet though ;)

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

You WILL NOT get max settings in any game in 4k other than lol, dota and such games. And anything less than 980sli is too little if you want to play metro etc.

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($222.75 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 290 4GB IceQ X² Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($252.98 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 290 4GB IceQ X² Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($252.98 @ Newegg) 

Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1172.43

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-13 13:46 EDT-0400

Hi, well I saw one of Linus's video's and apparently it can run games at nearly 60fps max settings, also I heard that the graphics card that I am looking at was better than GTX980 SLI.

Bioshock is above 60 fps and, I thought that the new Radeon was better than the GTX980.

2x titan z??? U mad bro??

i think he means the fact that the Titan Z is a dual gpu, so pretty well two gpus stuck together, running in sli

@mattonfire  Here is the thing, no matter how much you spend you will hit the limits of the current gen hardware running games at 4K.  The beauty of 4K is that when you can't get a good 60+ fps, you can scale down to 1080p seamlessly.

So don't got spending $5000 because you think it will do 4K where a $2000 build won't.  You are spending money (+3000) for pretty much nothing.