Gnome Sucks

Blaze101xx

Am I the only person out there who thinks Gnome sucks?  It looks ugly and I like other options out there better.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

Am I the only person out there who thinks Gnome sucks?  It looks ugly and I like other options out there better.

Gnome, Alaska?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

No, I believe many people will have their preferences over gnome for their environment.

For me, I prefer the MATE fork of gnome 2, but that's just me.

GNOMES ARE KEWL. FCK U

real shit posting. hi mom.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

well I guess its linux so you can change and customize it to look and feel how ever you want. because you can do that in linux.

Heck yeah.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

Claps? Now what? I like it because it isn't that bloated as cinnamon or mate. 

There are countless of themes for Gnome though, I like it just as much as KDE tbh.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Claps? Now what? I like it because it isn't that bloated as cinnamon or mate. 

I like Cinnamon... at least it's not the one used by Elementary OS (it's not that horrible if you need something that works, it just lacks a lot of features that I see on Cinnamon)...

and then there's KDE...

And i like it

8Kxjz.gif

But seriously. It's relatively easy to swap to something else

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I like Cinnamon... at least it's not the one used by Elementary OS (it's not that horrible if you need something that works, it just lacks a lot of features that I see on Cinnamon)...

and then there's KDE...

Elementary wasn't updated in ages that's why I switched to gnome. Luna still on 12.04 there. KDE is great for beginners, feels exactly like a windows desktop with a few tweaks. 

I completely disagree with it being ugly. and once you get used to it, makes all the other DE's seem slow to use.

I raise you!

forum screenshot 20

forum screenshot

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I completely disagree with it being ugly. and once you get used to it, makes all the other DE's seem slow to use.

I raise you!

I do like your desktop.

Not a big fan of Gnome3 but Gnome2 was the shit. I prefer Unity now days and Cinnamon isn't bad either.