New computer time.. my account/wife hates me when I get this itch.

Go to solution Solved by Pcourmier,

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($320.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($209.98 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($244.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 8GB Vapor-X Video Card  ($462.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 ATX Full Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Lightning 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($144.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($53.75 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor  ($156.16 @ Amazon)
Total: $2154.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-12 22:19 EDT-0400

parts on the way, can't wait to build  :D   more like plug n play....

for the budget...  I ..  idk really, in a few hours " probably when I get to work" im going to order the mobo,cpu,gpu,ps,ram,and the ssd.   then go from there in the next few months,   I have a 24" monitor that's spare till I build the corner desk and order the  tri monitor holder

Your build looks fine, but just for some personal adjustments;

- I'd switch to a 4790k and Asus Z97-A

- I'd switch to a Cooler Master 212 Evo at that price (mostly because you could likely get better performance from it.)

- Cut to 16GB of RAM... 32 is overkill right now, even for streamers.

- PSU to a Seasonic Platinum, EVGA SuperNova 750W or 850W, or Corsair 760/860.

Do remember all of those are personal adjustments, and you can ignore them  if you want. :)

- I'd switch to a Cooler Master 212 Evo at that price (mostly because you could likely get better performance from it.)

Do remember all of those are personal adjustments, and you can ignore them  if you want. :)

i'll look at the intel mobo and cpu when I get to work in a few,  thank you for your thoughts

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I74790K

so when I put in my vid card, im guessing the intel graphics 4600 part is useless ?

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I74790K

so when I put in my vid card, im guessing the intel graphics 4600 part is useless ?

It'll stay idle or even off, depending on the motherboard. You can use it if you ever need to, though. eg in the event both of your GPUs miraculously fail. Or you could use to stream with QuickSync.

It'll stay idle or even off, depending on the motherboard. You can use it if you ever need to, though. eg in the event both of your GPUs miraculously fail. Or you could use to stream with QuickSync.

ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard  paired with the

brb, gonna throw a wrench in my partpicker thing

You are shooting yourself in the foot taking fx series into account. They are a total f'ckin waste of your harder and money. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Comming from a former 1100-T user. And i have seen FX serie in action. They are garbage, saying that you like "your amd more" only shows how little thought process you put into performace ratio. Having a budget of your size, you could easily replace 9590 with I5 4690/K and still beat the living fuck out of any game. It seems nobody here will tell you this because i dunno politeness?

You take what will do the job, not because color or brand. Good luck with your build anyway.

EDIT: Didn't seen your last message. Devil's Canyon.., there you go.

Jade / static,   check this pls,  

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/pcourmier/saved/XJZH99

also the ? has me confused..    should I get a slower clocked memory? 

The G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell Refresh CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

What is the max amount that you can comfortably afford? If you give us that, or a rough number, people can get you a rig that is the best bang for you buck.

check my part picker link up top,  i'd say my budget at is about 1400...  vid card is 309$ + my 1089 total atm ofcourse i'll be adding a second vid card, and 3 new monitors later

the case and hard drives are already on their way, and win7/8.1 is undecided atm  

You are shooting yourself in the foot taking fx series into account. They are a total f'ckin waste of your harder and money. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Comming from a former 1100-T user. And i have seen FX serie in action. They are garbage, saying that you like "your amd more" only shows how little thought process you put into performace ratio. Having a budget of your size, you could easily replace 9590 with I5 4690/K and still beat the living fuck out of any game. It seems nobody here will tell you this because i dunno politeness?

You take what will do the job, not because color or brand. Good luck with your build anyway.

EDIT: Didn't seen your last message. Devil's Canyon.., there you go.

I don't mind people being blunt as long as its backed up by creditable advice,   I went back and looked at both cpu's and all you guys were right,  I was initially stuck on the idea of 8cores running 4.7ghz,       I still don't know why 4 cores at 4ghz out performs it in tests after tests but im good with it.   I still need a liquid cooling system " the kind that I piece together"  but I'll be checking out vids of different set ups .

I don't mind people being blunt as long as its backed up by creditable advice,   I went back and looked at both cpu's and all you guys were right,  I was initially stuck on the idea of 8cores running 4.7ghz,       I still don't know why 4 cores at 4ghz out performs it in tests after tests but im good with it.   I still need a liquid cooling system " the kind that I piece together"  but I'll be checking out vids of different set ups .

Think of it like this:  AMD stopped improving their CPU architecture around the Phenom II lines... Intel has been improving their CPU architecture steadily for that time (6-7 years).

Sir, the term what you're looking for is IPC (instructions per cycle) It determs how many "things" a cpu can do at one cycle. The thing is, an AMD cpu's are made in old architecture wich is slow. Im saying this in simple terms, just read about it and you'll get the point. Basically they made 8 shitty cores wich can't handle cpu instense apps wich results in framerate being all over the fucking place. Intel on the other side is fully progressing into more strong cores. Don't let nobody fool you with this "it's cheaper and good" propaganda they are cheaper for a reason. They are slower, and 95% of games are cpu bound. Just pay a liitle extra and you will not regret.

Kind Regards Andrew.

Most hardware ordered last night, just need cooling system, OS, and other junk like mouse/keyboard.  ty guys for the help

Ready for a second GTX 970.  If I had 290Xs, a good 850W PSU would do.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($318.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($108.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($329.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($18.19 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1361.08
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-12 09:23 EDT-0400

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($320.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($209.98 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($244.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 8GB Vapor-X Video Card  ($462.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 ATX Full Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Lightning 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($144.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($53.75 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2154.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-12 22:19 EDT-0400

parts on the way, can't wait to build  :D   more like plug n play....

Computer built,   runs great , looks great   :D    room is getting minecraft decals, and some light strips to go with the new puter desks.     thx for yalls input

I'll ramble about some issues later that came up later relating to individual parts