Is the Raven RVZ01 a good case?

numnums
Go to solution Solved by csuzuki,

Are you using this as your main build? What's your opinion on using he case?

yeah this is my main computer, i use it mainly for gaming,school work, some coding, and some light photoshop and video editing, a little over kill if you ask me but it works.

the reason i bought this case, was space, i have a pretty small desk, so i  have it setup vertically. 

one thing i would suggest with the case if you do end up purchasing it is change out the stock fans for something quieter they are fairly loud, but not annoyingly loud yet.

Hi everyone,

I've wanted to build a small form factor PC for a long time but I couldn't decide on a case. I recently came upon the Raven RVZ01 from Silverstone and I thought it was perfect. But I've never really seen anyone that actually uses these small cases and was wondering what the airflow was like. Basically I'm worried about the components overheating is all. Any opinions is greatly appreciated!

Current System Setup | Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @4.0GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) | Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X | SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB | HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair HX750W 80+ Gold | Display: Dell UltraSharp 24" U2414H | Headset: Tritton Kunai | Mouse: EtekCity Scroll X1 | Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4 RED LED

cable management in it is a pain in the ass and ther's more restrictions on parts compared to a regular ITX build.

you won't be able to (easily) watercool it, you need an SFX PSU, and you should definitely look at using a reference GPU

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

cable management in it is a pain in the ass and ther's more restrictions on parts compared to a regular ITX build.

you won't be able to (easily) watercool it, you need an SFX PSU, and you should definitely look at using a reference GPU

Will the lack of an internal cooling fan overheat the components?

Current System Setup | Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @4.0GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) | Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X | SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB | HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair HX750W 80+ Gold | Display: Dell UltraSharp 24" U2414H | Headset: Tritton Kunai | Mouse: EtekCity Scroll X1 | Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4 RED LED

Will the lack of an internal cooling fan overheat the components?

well you need to have a CPU fan and there's spots for fans below the GPU

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

What do you suggest as a good CPU cooler that will fit in this case? I'm also interested in the RVZ01 but I'm not sure if I should use stock Intel cooler for an i5 4690k (won't be doing any over locking anyways). Also, I believe this case only supports 3 x 120mm slim case fans correct? Regular depth 120mm fans won't work from what I can tell so I would also like to source out a good slim 120mm fan to fill the empty slot (case comes with 2 I think).

I agree about the reference style GPU, a blower style cooler will really help keep the internal temps down. I think I'm going to settle on a GTX 970

I will be doing a build in this case very soon, as in the parts are in shipping. I didn't add a cpu cooler beyond stock because I went with the I5 4590s instead. Though if I had to take a guess this cooler would be one of the better options. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrgmm416pkr2

The case supports up to 83mm and this comes in at 59mm.

here is the build i have done:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Xfr8sY

i have had the case for a little bit, cpu idles alittle high for my like 40ish degrees according to ai suite, i have it running at 4.0ghz and gaming on battlefield 4 brings it up to about 60ish degrees again according to ai suite.

graphics card highest temps ive seen was 75 degrees so not too bad.

as for the build, i found it a bit difficult, but nothing to crazy. the cable management inst perfect, but its very manageable as long as you follow the instructions

post-54508-0-67635600-1426060180_thumb.j

Itsa great case, and had big potential despite its size.

Ftz01 is the same, but nice aluminum shell instead of plastic.

Both great cases

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Itsa great case, and had big potential despite its size.

Ftz01 is the same, but nice aluminum shell instead of plastic.

Both great cases

What do you think about the upcoming RVZ02?

here is the build i have done:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Xfr8sY

i have had the case for a little bit, cpu idles alittle high for my like 40ish degrees according to ai suite, i have it running at 4.0ghz and gaming on battlefield 4 brings it up to about 60ish degrees again according to ai suite.

graphics card highest temps ive seen was 75 degrees so not too bad.

as for the build, i found it a bit difficult, but nothing to crazy. the cable management inst perfect, but its very manageable as long as you follow the instructions

attachicon.gifIMG_20150310_232007.jpg

What do you think about the upcoming RVZ02?

Seems decent, I don't really like the look, but it nice and small.

I personally would get the ftz01, if I were in the market for a console form factor.

If I were to get an itx case it would be ft03-mini or pc-q36

If I were to get an matx case I would get ft03 or pc-v359

Thats just me tho

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

yeah this is my main computer, i use it mainly for gaming,school work, some coding, and some light photoshop and video editing, a little over kill if you ask me but it works.

the reason i bought this case, was space, i have a pretty small desk, so i  have it setup vertically. 

one thing i would suggest with the case if you do end up purchasing it is change out the stock fans for something quieter they are fairly loud, but not annoyingly loud yet.

What are some good, slim fans that are more quiet than the stock ones that you would recommend?

You could check out Noctua and Cryorig.

What are some good, slim fans that are more quiet than the stock ones that you would recommend?

you can fit regular 120mm fans in this case, dependant on what graphics card, and cpu cooler you use

i havent looked into fans yet, but ill probably end up going with noctuas, or corsairs one of the two...