Tagalog & Japanese Software for language learning

RZeroX

Hello I want to be able to learn these languages over the next few years but, I will be starting out with learning Tagalog as I like there language as couple of people that I know speak it and I like there culture, So where would you be able to learn this language?, also plan on checking out Philippines in the future.

thank you for taking interest in our culture..unfortunately, I am not aware of any softwares teaching this aside from actual schools and books...have you tried looking for an audio-book? if there's actually one

for the japanese language, I can only say this is much harder, but not impossible to learn..aside from online teaching (??), actual schools and books, I am not aware of any software teaching this (due to my lack of knowledge)

thank you for taking interest in our culture..unfortunately, I am not aware of any softwares teaching this aside from actual schools and books...have you tried looking for an audio-book? if there's actually one

for the japanese language, I can only say this is much harder, but not impossible to learn..aside from online teaching (??), actual schools and books, I am not aware of any software teaching this (due to my lack of knowledge)

Oh I see, I'm not sure if there are any audio books but I've seen there is a couple of video about learning this language on Youtube.

@LAwLz not sure if you would know about this maybe you could help if you have any knowledge about this?

Hello I want to be able to learn these languages over the next few years but, I will be starting out with learning Tagalog as I like there language as couple of people that I know speak it and I like there culture, So where would you be able to learn this language?, also plan on checking out Philippines in the future.

I could try and teach you over the forums (partially formal and informal Tagalog, I am a native speaker)...

As for Japanese, Rikaichan Firefox Extension is a good way to get quick translations (with detailed explanations) of Japanese pages... For android, there's Obenkyo and Kotoba-chan...

You can also look into taking some lessons in Duolingo for Japanese (not sure if there's a Tagalog course)...

If you have an iOS device, download an app called Imiwa. It's a fully-loaded Japanese dictionary. It has literally everything you will need to learn Japanese. JLPT levels, grade-school levels, all sorts of things.

Trust me, man, Imiwa has saved my bacon countless times both here in Japan and in my formal classes in the states. The only tradeoff is that it's almost a gigabyte. That's a sizeable chunk of your local library right there. That being said, it has an entire language in it. It's a dictionary, so it's not necessarily purpose-built for learning Japanese, but it's the most handy tool you could possibly have in your arsenal.

The search engine on it is amazing. Sometimes I think it can read my mind. It recognizes both english text input and Japanese input, and can recognize Romaji as well. There's also the most powerful, easy -to-use kanji-lookup engine I have ever seen. You can piece together kanji from different radicals on the screen and narrow it down, it's insane. It's a must-have app if you're learning Japanese. Especially since it costs NOTHING. NOTHING!!!! No ads, no in-app purchases. no NOTHING. It's all FREE. Kanji flash cards are worth an absolute fortune, and this has all of them, readings, stroke orders... IT COSTS YOU NOTHING. EVER.

Never in my life have I sounded so sales-pitch-y, but that's only because that's what's needed to get the point across. IMIWA IS AMAZING, IT WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND IN JAPAN, AND I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING THERE.

Don't try to learn two languages at once. It will just end up a mess.

Choose either Tagalog or Japanese, and then study that for a few years.

Memrise (link to Tagalog courses on Memrise) is a great website for learning new languages on. I used it a lot when I started out learning Japanese.

If you have an iOS device, download an app called Imiwa. It's a fully-loaded Japanese dictionary. It has literally everything you will need to learn Japanese. JLPT levels, grade-school levels, all sorts of things.

Trust me, man, Imiwa has saved my bacon countless times both here in Japan and in my formal classes in the states. The only tradeoff is that it's almost a gigabyte. That's a sizeable chunk of your local library right there. That being said, it has an entire language in it. It's a dictionary, so it's not necessarily purpose-built for learning Japanese, but it's the most handy tool you could possibly have in your arsenal.

The search engine on it is amazing. Sometimes I think it can read my mind. It recognizes both english text input and Japanese input, and can recognize Romaji as well. There's also the most powerful, easy -to-use kanji-lookup engine I have ever seen. You can piece together kanji from different radicals on the screen and narrow it down, it's insane. It's a must-have app if you're learning Japanese. Especially since it costs NOTHING. NOTHING!!!! No ads, no in-app purchases. no NOTHING. It's all FREE. Kanji flash cards are worth an absolute fortune, and this has all of them, readings, stroke orders... IT COSTS YOU NOTHING. EVER.

Never in my life have I sounded so sales-pitch-y, but that's only because that's what's needed to get the point across. IMIWA IS AMAZING, IT WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND IN JAPAN, AND I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING THERE.

Thanks for the suggestion will have to check that out when I end up leaning Japanese, and a great Sales pitch :D

Don't try to learn two languages at once. It will just end up a mess.

Choose either Tagalog or Japanese, and then study that for a few years.

Memrise (link to Tagalog courses on Memrise) is a great website for learning new languages on. I used it a lot when I started out learning Japanese.

Thanks for the help, I'm going to start with Tagalog and learn Japanese maybe in a few years. Also aren't you currently learning Japanese?

Also aren't you currently learning Japanese?

I used to, but right now I am so busy I don't really have time for it. I still practice stuff on memrise and anki (program that is very similar to memrise), but I am not learning anything new.