Save money or go all out?

alby800

as somebody who uses an iPad 2 for school and a i5 + GTX 970 + NV Surround tower for gaming, I would say go for the most portable laptop you can find and pocket the extra money. Most of your money (if you are a gamer) should go to your tower. It will give you a better experience for less money, and you won't be tempted to game when you are out and supposed to be working. Also, you can use your laptop as a "work only" computer, and buying low end will eliminate the temptation to also use it to game.

My two cents: low end laptop and high end tower

I already have a decent tower and if I get a decent laptop then I can sell my tower, and put it towards go karts and things

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I already have a decent tower and if I get a decent laptop then I can sell my tower, and put it towards go karts and things

Lol like me but with motorbike money

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Yea, I think so too

http://www.metabox.com.au/W230SS-customiser.aspsee if this is in budget. The basic specs are i7 and 860M which is pretty good, but I can't see a price there. It should not be more than $1200 I think. You'll need to source your own copy of windows (but it works out better that way; you get a driver disc etc normally).

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

http://www.metabox.com.au/W230SS-customiser.aspsee if this is in budget. The basic specs are i7 and 860M which is pretty good, but I can't see a price there. It should not be more than $1200 I think. You'll need to source your own copy of windows (but it works out better that way; you get a driver disc etc normally).

That is what I was originally going to get, but they are $1419 without OS and with a 1tb hdd, which is too expensive ;(

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

That is what I was originally going to get, but they are $1419 without OS and with a 1tb hdd, which is too expensive ;(

Wow, that's a full $500 more expensive than the USA. You're getting ripped the hell off. God, I hate your country with regards to internet and technology.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Wow, that's a full $500 more expensive than the USA. You're getting ripped the hell off. God, I hate your country with regards to internet and technology.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I agree

You know- for school work a 13 inch MBA would be real nice.

Its light, small- and the most important: VERY sturdy.

I know, a dual core i5 isnt much, but for school its perfect. Mac os X is very snappy (even on my old IMac G4 )

Its expensive i know- but Apple products tend to last long and have good resale value.....

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

You know- for school work a 13 inch MBA would be real nice.

Its light, small- and the most important: VERY sturdy.

I know, a dual core i5 isnt much, but for school its perfect. Mac os X is very snappy (even on my old IMac G4 )

Its expensive i know- but Apple products tend to last long and have good resale value.....

I really can't afford it :(

And I REALLY hate OSX. And I would much rather have a more powerful computer

I really can't afford it :(

And I REALLY hate OSX. And I would much rather have a more powerful computer

Fair enough then,

The MSi one is the way to go then

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro.