OS and other applications crashing constantly.

Hey guys.

I have a rather serious problem with my desktop computer, and I hope you guy could help me out.

Lately I have experienced a lot of recent bsod ( Black Screen of Death ) where the error code was either Memory Management or Non-paged area.

Not only that, certain applications, like my browsers, Chrome & Firefox keep crashing. Also my steam games & Blizzard games keep crashing.

I have done a little bit of troubleshooting myself, and has also run the windows memory program ( Can't remember the exact name, sorry ) where the program simply reported nothing wrong. few days went by without the random crashes, and now all of the sudden, it has started to happen again, and this time more often as it should do ( In my opinion) 

The memory that I'm currently using is 4x4Gb Kingston Hyperx 1033MHz, and it has been in my system for almost solid 3 years.

Could it be time for new memory, is there another way around to solve the issues?

I dearly hope you guys could help me out  :)

Best regards, Eladarian.

@Eladarian try just using 2x4GB sticks. If not then 1x4GB sticks and see if it is one of the RAM sticks (or multiple RAM sticks). 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Test your RAM in memtestx86. Check drive SMART status via Speccy or CrystalDiskInfo.

run a hardrive test, there usually one built into the BIOS

PC Specs AMD FX6300 8gb ddr3 Ram AMD 270x

Hey guys.

I have a rather serious problem with my desktop computer, and I hope you guy could help me out.

Lately I have experienced a lot of recent bsod ( Black Screen of Death ) where the error code was either Memory Management or Non-paged area.

Not only that, certain applications, like my browsers, Chrome & Firefox keep crashing. Also my steam games & Blizzard games keep crashing.

I have done a little bit of troubleshooting myself, and has also run the windows memory program ( Can't remember the exact name, sorry ) where the program simply reported nothing wrong. few days went by without the random crashes, and now all of the sudden, it has started to happen again, and this time more often as it should do ( In my opinion) 

The memory that I'm currently using is 4x4Gb Kingston Hyperx 1033MHz, and it has been in my system for almost solid 3 years.

Could it be time for new memory, is there another way around to solve the issues?

I dearly hope you guys could help me out  :)

Best regards, Eladarian.

run a hardrive test, there usually one built into the BIOS

PC Specs AMD FX6300 8gb ddr3 Ram AMD 270x

Try each stick of RAM in each slot.

FYI, it's Blue Screen of Death. Not Black Screen.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I've made an hardware check, and there was nothing wrong with it. I've also tried swap out some of the dims, but nothing seemed to work. So I think the last option in this case, is to get a new pair of ram, but I just wanted to get the last confirmation before I went ahead and use money, which is a thing I unfortunately don't have a lot of, this saddens me.