A8 APU

What would be the best of the A8 APU group? And how are benchmark goes on that APU?

Spoiler

The A8-7650k is the fastest A8 out there at the moment, But I'ld go for last gens A10-6800k instead, costs abit less (at least in Australia) and is faster than any of the current gen APU's, even more so once you concider overclocking

What would be the best of the A8 APU group? And how are benchmark goes on that APU?

Personally I don't know but if you, are getting a APU it would be better just to get a CPU and a GPU.............way better.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

The A8-7650k is the fastest A8 out there at the moment, But I'ld go for last gens A10-6800k instead, costs abit less (at least in Australia) and is faster than any of the current gen APU's, even more so once you concider overclocking

Anything below $100 group?

Spoiler

Anything below $100 group?

I dunno about prices where you are, but the 6800k comes in at about $129AUD so it's not all that far off.

Best bet is to have abit of a google search for prices and availability in your area.

I dunno about prices where you are, but the 6800k comes in at about $129AUD so it's not all that far off.

Best bet is to have abit of a google search for prices and availability in your area.

I can only afford at $110 max price on a processor though. Trying to fit in on an estimated $330 build

Spoiler

I can only afford at $110 max price on a processor though. Trying to fit in on an estimated $330 build

Your probably not going to fit a quad core into a $330 budget unless you go second hand realistically. Unless you make some cuts elsewhere in the system.

Your probably not going to fit a quad core into a $330 budget unless you go second hand realistically. Unless you make some cuts elsewhere in the system.

I'm not going for the AC Unity Ultra build. Even Medium works fine for me. My APU is my missing piece, I already got everything except for the APU.

Here's the other components:

MOBO: MSI A78-G41 PCMate ($72)

RAM: Kingston HyperX 4GB @ 1866MHz ($38)

CPU Cooler: CM Hyper T4 ($28)

PSU: Corsair VS450 ($39)

Case: NZXT Source 210 ($46)

Total: $223

Which leaves me around 110 for the APU

Spoiler

I'm not going for the AC Unity Ultra build. Even Medium works fine for me. My APU is my missing piece, I already got everything except for the APU.

Never said you were going for an amazing, top of the line kinda of build.

What store do you use to get your parts from? I'll have a dig around and see what I can some up with

Never said you were going for an amazing, top of the line kinda of build.

What store do you use to get your parts from? I'll have a dig around and see what I can some up with

I bought them locally. I was supposedly getting X4 860K from OutletPC, NewEgg, or Directron. But all of them doesn't accept international credit cards.. So I'll go buy my A8 locally

Spoiler

where do you live ? are you using PCPARTPICKER ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I bought them locally. I was supposedly getting X4 860K from OutletPC, NewEgg, or Directron. But all of them doesn't accept international credit cards.. So I'll go buy my A8 locally

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113333&cm_re=A8-_-19-113-333-_-Product

Try find one of them locally. It's slightly slower than the 6800k but can be compensated for with overclocking.

well a APU isn't going to get you very far......unless you got 8gb.......that is very speedy. Plus overclocking your APU

where do you live ? are you using PCPARTPICKER ?

Philippines, I used PCPartPicker as my bucket list, but since US price differ in PH price, I can't represent it off.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wgW7gs
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wgW7gs/by_merchant/
CPU: AMD A8-7600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($89.98 @ NCIX US) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $28.25) 
Motherboard: MSI A88X-G43 ATX FM2+ Motherboard  (Purchased For $73.99) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (Purchased For $38.08) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 80GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair VS 450W ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $38.09) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  ($18.76 @ Amazon) 
Total: $287.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Spoiler

Philippines, I used PCPartPicker as my bucket list, but since US price differ in PH price, I can't represent it off.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wgW7gs
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wgW7gs/by_merchant/

It looks good, however get a second stick of ram......it will help the APU alot, as well as overclocking the APU

It looks good, however get a second stick of ram......it will help the APU alot, as well as overclocking the APU

That is a part of my upgrade list:

1. 24" Monitor

2. RAM

3. Mid-range GPU (either R7 250X or 260X)

4. 80+Bronze PSU

Spoiler

That is a part of my upgrade list:

1. 24" Monitor

2. RAM

3. Mid-range GPU (either R7 250X or 260X)

4. 80+Bronze PSU

the PSU you have is fine it will work, go with the 260X, go for a smaller monitor to save more cash

the PSU you have is fine it will work, go with the 260X, go for a smaller monitor to save more cash

No sense buying a GPU if he gets an APU.  They perform pretty well on medium settings in most things anyway, especially at 720p.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Just look at this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/byhxCJ

Just when u build an APU build, go into the BIOS and allocate 1-2GB of RAM for it to chew on.

Most A10's that are not over clock can play most triple A games at 1080p but Metro and Crysis wallop APU's so be warned that you will have to do some slight overclocking and lowering resultion to get the best preformance out of your money.

Get a motherboard that supports both CPU and RAM OCing, cause that will be essential to get the most power you can punch.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

I'm planning to go for the budget-est 1080p monitor. I've found 24" would be the smallest that holds 1080p

Spoiler

I'm planning to go for the budget-est 1080p monitor. I've found 24" would be the smallest that holds 1080p

His build isn't bad, but I'd go with the a8-6600k it overclocks well if you keep it cool and has same graphics as a10-6800k. 

Also it's a bit cheaper and perhaps put that towards a cooler :)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

His build isn't bad, but I'd go with the a8-6600k it overclocks well if you keep it cool and has same graphics as a10-6800k. 

Also it's a bit cheaper and perhaps put that towards a cooler :)

Prolly after my 4th upgrade, I'll get a CM Seidon

Spoiler