Computer Case / Motherboard Compatibility?

Good evening everyone. I'm looking to pair these two up. 

Case : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7829715&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&utm_source=Linkshare&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Es5Ekr9eEBk&AffiliateID=Es5Ekr9eEBk-bskBs0QXZOY6FmfRdR6KGQ

Motherboard : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131981

My concern is that on PC Part Picker, it says that they are incompatible. Is there a specific reasoning behind this? It's not my first time building a computer, but to my knowledge the motherboard is a standard ATX and the case says it can hold ATX motherboards. Can anyone verify if this is just an error on PCPartPickers side?

Intel 2600k @ 4.5 GHz | CoolerMaster 212 Evo | ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe | XFX 7950 Black Ed. Corsair Vengeance RAM (4x4GB)NZXT Phantom 820 | Rosewill 1000w Bronze

ASUS VN248H-P IPS | LG E2742 | Logitech Z623 | Logitech G600 |Steelseries QcK Heavy | Corsair K90 MX Red | Ducky Shine Year of the Goat MX RedErgotech Freedom Arm

That case is mATX, and the motherboard ATX, thats why they arent compatible.

-----//-----

Edit: Oh wait. The case is listed as mATX but it supports ATX motherboards xD

They are compatible.

-----//-----

Are you going to buy a new PC?

Regardless, dont get that case, I would rather get something cheap, but from a known brand ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

That case is mATX, and the motherboard ATX, thats why they arent compatible.

-----//-----

Edit: Oh wait. The case is listed as mATX but it supports ATX motherboards xD

They are compatible.

-----//-----

Are you going to buy a new PC?

Regardless, dont get that case, I would rather get something cheap, but from a known brand ;)

Yeah, I'm super confused. On this guys build (he has the same case but in black) http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-970gaminghe used a ATX board as well, but if I look on Tigerdirect's spec sheet, it says it only supports mATX. Strange. 

Also no, this build isn't for me. It's for a friend and he had actually bought the case brand new for $10 so I thought it was worth a shot using. If anything, I can just grab a mATX but I was just super confused about the issue. 

Intel 2600k @ 4.5 GHz | CoolerMaster 212 Evo | ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe | XFX 7950 Black Ed. Corsair Vengeance RAM (4x4GB)NZXT Phantom 820 | Rosewill 1000w Bronze

ASUS VN248H-P IPS | LG E2742 | Logitech Z623 | Logitech G600 |Steelseries QcK Heavy | Corsair K90 MX Red | Ducky Shine Year of the Goat MX RedErgotech Freedom Arm

Yeah, I'm super confused. On this guys build (he has the same case but in black) http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-970gaminghe used a ATX board as well, but if I look on Tigerdirect's spec sheet, it says it only supports mATX. Strange. 

Also no, this build isn't for me. It's for a friend and he had actually bought the case brand new for $10 so I thought it was worth a shot using. If anything, I can just grab a mATX but I was just super confused about the issue.

It supports ATX motherboards. While they were listing the case, they probably chose the wrong thing.

10$? Brand spanking new? Not bad :)

But, are you going to buy the parts for him?

It supports ATX motherboards. While they were listing the case, they probably chose the wrong thing.

10$? Brand spanking new? Not bad :)

But, are you going to buy the parts for him?

Yup! Not bad at all.

I'm just the middleman. I buy the parts, but he's paying me back for them.

So far what I have right now is

Already Bought :

Case : Ultra Defender II White - $10

PSU : Corsair CS450m Gold - $30

GPU : Diamond 7870 Ghz Ed. - $100

Looking to buy : 

Ram : Looking at this right now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231546&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL030615&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL030615&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL030615-_-EMC-030615-Index-_-DesktopMemory-_-20231546-S0G

CPU : Either the anniversary Pentium or an i5 of somesort (haven't found any good deals)

HDD : Got a couple spare random 500gb dump drives for him. 

And the motherboard is in the first post as you already know. :D

Yup! Not bad at all.

I'm just the middleman. I buy the parts, but he's paying me back for them.

So far what I have right now is

Already Bought :

Case : Ultra Defender II White - $10

PSU : Corsair CS450m Gold - $30

GPU : Diamond 7870 Ghz Ed. - $100

Looking to buy : 

Ram : Looking at this right now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231546&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL030615&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL030615&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL030615-_-EMC-030615-Index-_-DesktopMemory-_-20231546-S0G

CPU : Either the anniversary Pentium or an i5 of somesort (haven't found any good deals)

HDD : Got a couple spare random 500gb dump drives for him. 

And the motherboard is in the first post as you already know. :D

So, what's missing? RAM, CPU and motherboard? (And cooling, even though it is optional)

So, what's missing? RAM, CPU and motherboard? (And cooling, even though it is optional)

Yup! If I end up getting the Pentium, I'm just gonna slap on the stock cooler and if I pick up an i5, I'll grab a 212 Evo and OC it for him. :D

Yup! If I end up getting the Pentium, I'm just gonna slap on the stock cooler and if I pick up an i5, I'll grab a 212 Evo and OC it for him. :D

Budget for the remaining parts?

Budget for the remaining parts?

I wanna say around $300-$400 for the motherboard, ram, and CPU (which is a lot of overhead to work with). The less the better though of course. :P

I wanna say around $300-$400 for the motherboard, ram, and CPU (which is a lot of overhead to work with). The less the better though of course. :P

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($178.98 @ OutletPC)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: ASRock H97 PERFORMANCE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $347.94

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-06 09:32 EST-0500

This is what I recommend.