$1500 AUD - PC Build Help.

Hello,

I've decided to finally build my self a computer after realizing that my school will be taking my laptop away, (Last year of school) But I have had problems choosing the best hardware for my self because I am a bit of a "If its expensive its the best" person so I need the help of the Linus Tech Tips forum!

Okay so what do I want to do with the computer?

I would like to be able to play / record / live stream on this computer, The type of games I will be playing includes most modern games, Arma 3, Minecraft (Modded + Shaders) and other, I also plan to do editing and rendering on this pc as well as Game & Application & Website development.

Any requirements?

i would like Microsoft 8.1 Included in the budget.

This is my first build as well Im so excited!

Thanks,

Zapmaster14

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Need monitor, mouse, keyboard, headphones, speakers, anything else?

EDIT: Here is build. You have some room in terms of price if you want better CPU or GPU or if you need peripherals with monitor.

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($125.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Crucial M550 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($393.00 @ Umart) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $1284.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-05 19:50 EST+1100

Honestly for $1500 AUD this is a pretty good deal, buying all of those parts and putting it together yourself at that price would be a bit of a challenge i would imagine. (the parts total comes to $1400)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1411&products_id=30685

Its a pretty reputable Aussie store, at least that build will give you some idea as to what you're looking at for $1500. Maybe you can tweak it a little more to suit your needs?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HWnNTW

best pc air cooled build for 1500$(if u want to reduce the price u can use stock fans)

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
(2 x) Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)
(3 x) Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans
(3 x) Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan
Acer G235HAbd 23.0" Monitor

Honestly for $1500 AUD this is a pretty good deal, buying all of those parts and putting it together yourself at that price would be a bit of a challenge i would imagine. (the parts total comes to $1400)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1411&products_id=30685

Its a pretty reputable Aussie store, at least that build will give you some idea as to what you're looking at for $1500. Maybe you can tweak it a little more to suit your needs?

srs an intel i5 for 1500$ u must be retarded to buy that

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Need monitor, mouse, keyboard, headphones, speakers, anything else?

I've got everything but a mic for content creation, But I think that'll come later down the stage.

That looks pretty good, But would I need more ram for live streaming?

Thanks,

Zapmaster14

For someone that's quick to call someone retarded you seem to have missed the part about it being in Australian dollars, grow up. 

sorry for being rude but i ment thats a terrible deal for that price 

i could build a better rig for that  

the rig cost is 1915$ in australian and its cost is 1650$ without the extra fans 

I've got everything but a mic for content creation, But I think that'll come later down the stage.

Ok my first build is in my first comment edited in.. you can OC CPU in that build and that build is also cheaper.

Now I know you dont need anything else so I went up with price in this seccond build with better CPU but at the cost of being able to OC it. Also more RAM, storage and nicer looking and a lot better PSU.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: ASRock B85 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($118.00 @ IJK) 
Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($145.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $1468.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-05 19:55 EST+1100

I forgot to include WINDOWS so... you can throw Hyper 212 EVO out of this build and replace it with Windows and it will fit your budget. You can get cooler any time laters as the stock cooler should be fine with this build for some time as you wont be able to OC this CPU anyways.
Or you can get cheaper cooler if you wish. 

I'm honestly not sure about the need for more than 8 gig of ram, maybe someone else can help with that question but if you wanted to cut back somewhere you can replace the 970 with a cheaper AMD card that will perform around the same if you aren't especially partial to Nvidia. Welcome to the forums though btw! sorry i was doing two things at once before and didn't notice :) 

Ok my first build is in my first comment edited in.. you can OC CPU in that build and that build is also cheaper.

Now I know you dont need anything else so I went up with price in this seccond build with better CPU but at the cost of being able to OC it. Also more RAM, storage and nicer looking and a lot better PSU.

Motherboard: ASRock B85 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($118.00 @ IJK) 
Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($145.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $1468.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-05 19:55 EST+1100

That looks really good! Is the Intel Xeon good for what I am wanting to do? This may seem like a stupid question, Isnt the Xeon for servers?

Thanks,

Zapmaster14

That looks really good! Is the Intel Xeon good for what I am wanting to do? This may seem like a stupid question, Isnt the Xeon for servers?

Yes, Xeon is also for servers but it will work like normal CPU if you put it in PC.

Basicaly this particular Xeon is i7 4770 but without integrated GPU thats why it is so much cheaper.

All Xeons are better binned CPUs (cherrypicked) so they are guaranteed to last longer and thats the reason they are mainly picked for servers. (They also support some instructions that are only usualy used in servers and you wont most likely use them with your PC but that doesent matter).

Yes, Xeon is also for servers but it will work like normal CPU if you put it in PC.

Basicaly this particular Xeon is i7 4770 but without integrated GPU thats why it is so much cheaper.

All Xeons are better binned CPUs (cherrypicked) so they are guaranteed to last longer and thats the reason they are mainly picked for servers. (They also support some instructions that are only usualy used in servers and you wont most likely use them with your PC but that doesent matter).

Ah cool I did not know that! Thanks for the help!

Thanks,

Zapmaster14

No problem ;)

Ah I just noticed the OS isn't included in the build. Would that most likely push me over the budget? I'm guessing windows would be over $100

Thanks,

Zapmaster14

Ah I just noticed the OS isn't included in the build. Would that most likely push me over the budget? I'm guessing windows would be over $100

I know I edited at the end of that build that I forgot :D

You can ditch the EVO 212 cooler and get OS instead. Stock cooler will be enough for some time and you can always get aftermarket cooler later. Or you can get some cheap aftermarket cooler right away if it will fit the budget but I would suggest saving for that 212 EVO later.

I know I edited at the end of that build that I forgot :D

You can ditch the EVO 212 cooler and get OS instead. Stock cooler will be enough for some time and you can always get aftermarket cooler later. Or you can get some cheap aftermarket cooler right away if it will fit the budget but I would suggest saving for that 212 EVO later.

Sounds great! I dont know how comfortable I am with using a Radeon card though. Never really seen one in action before, But it sure does look cool.

Thanks,

Zapmaster14

Sounds great! I dont know how comfortable I am with using a Radeon card though. Never really seen one in action before, But it sure does look cool.

Well, it is the best card you can get with this setup that fits the budget. I tried to go for GTX 970 but that was over $100 more expensive while it performs only around 10% better which is not really worth it.

Hey Zapster, I'm an aussie too so if you're looking for some help with prices and whatnot, i'm more than happy too!

I've put together a build for you if you're interested in having a look, it should be fine for everything you're looking at! If you want to add anything to it later, you can!
Only thing with this build is that, if PC building is new to you, i've recommended a CPU and Motherboard for you that will NOT be able to overclock. if you know what you're doing with that sort of thing, be my guest and look into maybe a 4690K and a Z97 board instead of an H97.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=415290&action=wish_lists

Good luck!

sorry for being rude but i ment thats a terrible deal for that price 

i could build a better rig for that  

the rig cost is 1915$ in australian and its cost is 1650$ without the extra fans 

No it isn't. It is $1907 without all the fans.

Can't fit an i7 in there, but the Xeon has hyperthreading. 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($134.00 @ IJK) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($85.00 @ CPL Online) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($99.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($125.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $1501.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-06 01:08 EST+1100