Best 140mm SP Fans?

Tim Drake

all in all hes probably not looking a very big delta t maybe 1c to 5c by changing fans best reason is less noise.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't want to go for worse fans though so higher static pressure is best way to go

1.29 mm H2O at 19,6 dB(A) (64.92 CFM (110.3 m3/h))

Edit:

3.31 CFM per dB(A)

0.066 mm H2O per dB(A)

Whereas the 14 cm vipers: 

4.25 CFM per dB(A)

0.12 mm H2O per dB(A)

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Dey UGLAY

They're the best performing for the price, and they're way less ugly then the regular Noctuas.

"Rawr XD"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't want to go for worse fans though so higher static pressure is best way to go

true that, all the fans posted are hard to beat and will be better than what you got most likely. what fans do you have?

true that, all the fans posted are hard to beat and will be better than what you got most likely. what fans do you have?

They WILL be H110 fans so customized AF140s I think.

The akasas are the same price with double the Stattic Pressure..

Don't reliably trust those numbers, use some common sense. I highly doubt the Akasa will actually have double the static pressure.

"Rawr XD"

They WILL be H110 fans so customized AF140s I think.

never had a H110, they fans aren't bad that come with it. the af140 are ok, i think you can do better, the fans posted here are much better for the price. did the color band win you over ;)

Don't reliably trust those numbers, use some common sense. I highly doubt the Akasa will actually have double the static pressure.

Well Noctua have been known to be overpriced...

Akasa are actually really good fan makers..

I'm not saying that the Akasa will have better SP then the Noctua. It's just by how much in real-world use. It's definitely not double, I'll tell you that.

"Rawr XD"

I'm not saying that the Akasa will have better SP then the Noctua. It's just by how much in real-world use. It's definitely not double, I'll tell you that.

I didn't literally mean double.

But the Noctua one has 1.2 while akasa was 2.7

As I understand it they supply the American military (with the Apaches). I think that's why they make a camouflage variant (although that might just be marketing).

But, if you trust their advertised spec.'s,they've made those R&D dollars stretch.

I don't know why they're yellow, I think it might be because the materials they need to get those kinds of spec. are basically yellow...

1.29 mm H2O at 19,6 dB(A) (64.92 CFM (110.3 m3/h))

Edit:

3.31 CFM per dB(A)

0.066 mm H2O per dB(A)

Whereas the 14 cm vipers: 

4.25 CFM per dB(A)

0.12 mm H2O per dB(A)

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

As I understand it they supply the American military (with the Apaches). I think that's why they make a camouflage variant (although that might just be marketing).

But they've made those R&D dollars stretch.

I don't know why they're yellow, I think it might be because the materials they need to get those kinds of spec. are basically yellow...

The amount of people that would buy those fans if they weren't yellow...

Such a simple mistake ruins so much.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=366

3.7 mm-H2O at 43.5 dBA (171 CFM)

0.0850 mm H2O per dBA

3.93 cfm per dBA

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/air-series-af140-quiet-edition-high-airflow-140mm-fan

Okay, so this might be at typo on their site but...

.84 mm/H20 at 24 dBA (67.8 CFM)

Okay, so they have a static pressure fan...

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/air-series-sp140-led-white-high-static-pressure-140mm-fan

1.46 mm/H20 at 26.4 dBA (57.24 CFM)

0.060 mm/H20 per dBA

2.16 CFM per dBA

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=366

3.7 mm-H2O at 43.5 dBA (171 CFM)

0.0850 mm H2O per dBA

3.93 cfm per dBA

Holy bejesus that's a loud fan.

Holy bejesus that's a loud fan.

Yes and it's not PWM but motherboards these days have voltage control and you can undervolt it if necessary. You just have to make sure you're fan headers are rated to support something that powerful. :0/

I've burned out numerous fan controller channels which I'm sure must have been down to me running my Sanyo Denki deltas :0/

Yes and it's not PWM but motherboards these days have voltage control and you can undervolt it if necessary. You just have to make sure you're fan headers are rated to support something that powerful. :0/

I've burned out numerous fan controller channels which I'm sure must have been down to me running my delta :0/

delta? wut?

It seems the Akasa one's are the best (even though they look bland)

delta? wut?

It seems the Akasa one's are the best (even though they look bland)

Sanyo Denki Delta fans. They're industrial fans with performance that match the viper but they just run much much faster. They're for industrial application but people used to use them to overclock.

I used to use them for their efficiency but they're loud.

I've been trying to find a link but they seem to be disappearing from the forums.