Panasonic Announces Waterproof, Magnetic & Heat Resistant micro SDHC Memory Cards

panasonic-microsd.jpg

"Panasonic has announced a new line of micro SDHC memory card with 'six-proof' properties; the new cards are waterproof, possess static electrical resistance, magnetic resistance, X-ray resistance and heat resistance. The new cards also have a 'fuse' function which protect them from generating heat and fire if the micro SDHC memory card somehow overheats.

The four new cards use MLC (multi-level cell) NAND flash memory chips, and with the new UHS-I (Ultra High Speed-I) standard, boast a top read speed of 45 MB/s, with a top writing speed of 25 MB/s. Compared to the SDXC format, SDHC cards can support up to 32GB of memory, compared to 2TB for SDXC memory cards.

The new 'six-proof' micro SDHC cards from Panasonic have an official availability date of July 13th, 2013."

link: http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-panasonic-announces-waterproof-magnetic-heat-resistant-micro-sdhc-memory-cards

my view: this would only be relevant for the outdoor people or extreme user or frequent traveller...

1)outdoor people:

- outdoor adventurist would need a card like this if they are constantly in a wet environment or in the sea.

2)extreme user

- if people used their memory card where it would heat up to the point that the card "fused", this would be the card for them

3)frequent traveller

-if you're a frequent traveller and worried that your data in the SD card in your laptop or camera becomes corrupted than this would protect it against the x-ray scanner in the airport..

:D

wondered when they would finally come up with something like this, i might have to get one for my rents as they travel alot as well as some underwater footage and stuff, seems perfect