Serious Smishing Vulnerability Discovered in Samsung Galaxy S4

S4.gif

"The Samsung Galaxy S4 might come with a large number of new features, but it seems that one of the new features contains a serious smishing (SMS phishing) flaw. Samsung's "cloud backup" feature was found to be improperly secured, and can exploited by malicious software to send fraudulent or fake SMS messages while pretending to be the identify of any contact or organization, without the owner of the phone realizing. 

This exploit was discovered by Chinese Internet security firm Qihoo. According to Qihoo, Samsung has already been notified of this issue, and is already in the process of fixing the issue. Qihoo also added that users can avoid being exploited by this vulnerability by turning off the "cloud backup" feature when it's not being used. A temporary fix has also been made by Qihoo 360, and can be deactivated once the security flaw has been patched. Current Samsung Galaxy S4 users of Qihoo's latest Android app are protected against this exploit. "

Link: http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-serious-smishing-vulnerability-discovered-samsung-galaxy-s4

my take: Samsung has been notified and is going to fix the problem... how will this affect their reputation? i don't know but just satisfied i chosed the HTC One over Sammy's S4. It's great that samsung is going to fix this problem as this can seriously affect their users. most probably it would be fix through over-the-air firmware update.

this is one of the reason i always root my phone and remove every blotware or even install AOKP or cyanogenmod ,samsung loves their blotware

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Why not buy smartphone without bloatware?

Rooting gives an excuse to not give warranty, so why take the risk...

in alot of cases its easy to reverse the root and is often impossible to detect whether it was previously rooted or not with some exceptions of course, i had a tf770t rooted and still got warranty on it afterwards

i root all my phones i don't care abour warrenty anyway since i fix my phones self when they are broken

i root all my phones i don't care abour warrenty anyway since i fix my phones self when they are broken

Same here but really it's almost like overclocking, if you don't tell them you rooted it probably won't matter.