Best Laptop for Under $1,000

alex_vandyke

I'm looking at getting a new laptop mostly for school. No gaming will be done on it. I would like it to be speedy for the next like 4-5 years if you could. Obviously want an SSD and at least 8GB of RAM with good battery life. Thank you for any suggestions you may have!

AMD FX-8350   -   Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3   -   ADATA XPG 8GB   -   Asus GTX 780   -   Fractal Design Define R4   -   Corsair CS650M

Kingston 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB   -   CM Storm QuickFire Rapid   -   Razer DeathAdder 2013

people may hate me for this, but a macbook air - light weight, pretty fast, and well under $1000 for a new one and cheaper if its used.

Oh gosh. Thank you for the reply! Though, sadly, I forgot to say that I wanted Windows. My bad.

AMD FX-8350   -   Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3   -   ADATA XPG 8GB   -   Asus GTX 780   -   Fractal Design Define R4   -   Corsair CS650M

Kingston 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB   -   CM Storm QuickFire Rapid   -   Razer DeathAdder 2013

I'm looking at getting a new laptop mostly for school. No gaming will be done on it. I would like it to be speedy for the next like 4-5 years if you could. Obviously want an SSD and at least 8GB of RAM with good battery life. Thank you for any suggestions you may have!

How big of a screen and how much do you care about how portable it is? Do you plan on taking this to class with you?

How big of a screen and how much do you care about how portable it is? Do you plan on taking this to class with you?

I would say 13" and yes I would take it to class with me so kinda small-ish.