Trouble Removing ATX Pins

MagicalPancake

So I purchased a small amount of supplies for sleeving some cables just to get a feel for it so that I know somewhat what I am doing when I sleeve all of them. I have been practicing on some spare PCI-E cables that  I have. The problem is that I am having trouble getting some of the pins out out of the connectors. I know how to do it, I have the removal tool, and many of the pins have come out very easily, but there are a couple that I just can't seem to remove. The fact that some are so much more difficult than the rest confuses me. I am surely applying enough force so I do not know what to do. If it makes a difference the power supply is a Corsair HX750. 

So I purchased a small amount of supplies for sleeving some cables just to get a feel for it so that I know somewhat what I am doing when I sleeve all of them. I have been practicing on some spare PCI-E cables that  I have. The problem is that I am having trouble getting some of the pins out out of the connectors. I know how to do it, I have the removal tool, and many of the pins have come out very easily, but there are a couple that I just can't seem to remove. The fact that some are so much more difficult than the rest confuses me. I am surely applying enough force so I do not know what to do. If it makes a difference the power supply is a Corsair HX750. 

It's partly trial and error it's best to just try and wiggle it back and forth and shifting it forward and backwards to try to compress those tabs, one thing is you can very carefully bend the tool slightly inwards to help push those tabs in. 

Hi! Some tools arnt of the correct design which makes it harder to work with. Where did you get it?

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

I got it at mainframecustoms. And I finally got it out but using staples. Kind of weird but at least it's out. I do have some battle scars to show for it though. Those connectors are sharp! 

• 2 weeks later...

For proper removal of the terminals sometimes you need to push the wire into the connector and then place the removal tool into the connector making sure its in all the way and then pull on the wire straight out. Sometimes you need to wrap it around your finger and some force is needed but if the tool is placed all the way in properly it will come out. Use the connector and your fingers as leverage.

Let me know if you still need help.

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]