crazy new idea

Xv Ghostly vX

So I wanted to get into case modding and I have a cool idea I just don't know if i can make it possible.

My plan was to invert the case so the inside was outside and the outside was inside. I'm not really sure what to do about the inside, maybe just put a whole bunch of lights in there or something. Maybe fill it with coolant.

I lack even basic engineering skills so i have no idea how to begin this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

weiners

So I wanted to get into case modding and I have a cool idea I just don't know if i can make it possible.

My plan was to invert the case so the inside was outside and the outside was inside. I'm not really sure what to do about the inside, maybe just put a whole bunch of lights in there or something. Maybe fill it with coolant.

I lack even basic engineering skills so i have no idea how to begin this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

So I assume something like this, I would say if you never tried anything like this before to not try it since it can get quite complicated, but if your ambitious and want to learn manufacturing and design it's a very involving process.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e2/3f/c9/e23fc9db3e92b2ebf8171a7039af72c2.jpg

So I assume something like this, I would say if you never tried anything like this before to not try it since it can get quite complicated, but if your ambitious and want to learn manufacturing and design it's a very involving process.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e2/3f/c9/e23fc9db3e92b2ebf8171a7039af72c2.j

No that thing looks really stupid. When I make mine it will be way more professional than that.

weiners

No that thing looks really stupid. When I make mine it will be way more professional than that.

What kind design were you thinking of, having the components exposed directly on a main structure or for example behind a piece of glass to see everything?

Also what tools or equipment do you have access to that can aid you, I recommend if your cutting plexi a laser cutter or a metal shop if you want to make it mostly out of metal.

No im not gonna make it im gonna buy it

What kind design were you thinking of, having the components exposed directly on a main structure or for example behind a piece of glass to see everything?

Also what tools or equipment do you have access to that can aid you, I recommend if your cutting plexi a laser cutter or a metal shop if you want to make it mostly out of metal.

weiners

No im not gonna make it im gonna buy it

Ok then... As of right now I don't think one like that exist to my knowledge that you can buy off the shelf, it will most likely need to be custom fabricated by a shop. Most places that do that will need a basic design sketch or CAD model to get a good idea of that design and scale of how things work.