Help choosing the right component for my needs

Is time to me to upgrade! on a budget, ok I'm going to keep this a short as possible.

Ok my needs I'm attemptin to be a graphic designer and a memebr of adobe creative cloud so I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro and After Effects quite heavily so a lot of cores would be nice, but I will like to enjoy some gaming too (WarThunder, Arma III, H1Z1 ect..,).

Budget: $600

NOTE: I can't take advantage of rebates (I'm outside of the US)

Things I have:

• Periferals (Mouse  & Keyboard)
  • Monitor
  • PC Case (Standard ATX Mortheboard Size)
  • A Graphics Card (EVGA GT 740 FTW) I know is not the best but is what I got.
  • EVGA 430W 80Plus Power Supply

Things I need:

• Motherboard
  • CPU
  •  8GB Memory RAM (can be more as long as it is within the budget)
  • Hard Drive (SSD+HDD combo or Hibird would be nice)

Note: The FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition is what I have in mind for the CPU but I want to see what you guys think.

Sorry for the bad English

-snip-

Where exaclty are you located? That'd help the planning process. Also, is the $600 just for what you need?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Where exaclty are you located? That'd help the planning process. Also, is the $600 just for what you need?

I'm in Costa Rica and yes the $600 are only for Motherboard CPU Ram and Hard drives

CPU: try some thing like an 8 core AMD like an 8350

MOBO: try a budget Matx or atx from some one like Asus or gigabyte or Msi (no very many a options in the way of budget boards from asrock)

RAM: G.SKILL Tritian X 16g. 2400mhz you can get for about $135 at new egg but try a cooler less ram on say a value

SSD: PNY Optima 240GB (but there are good hyper x ssd for a budget) or a 850 evo from Samsung

HDD: Seagate barracude 1tb

SSHD: Seagate sshd

Get a cheap motherboard with your basic needs. Like usb 3.0 and few sata 6 and stuff like that CPU well if you are just gaming then an i5 will do if not then i7 if you heavily doing editing and complex stuff. For ram just get a cheap, reliable brand as ram speed doesn't real matter as much just get one that will suffice you and hybrid go about for $75 here for a 1tb 

CPU: try some thing like an 8 core AMD like an 8350

MOBO: try a budget Matx or atx from some one like Asus or gigabyte or Msi (no very many a options in the way of budget boards from asrock)

RAM: G.SKILL Tritian X 16g. 2400mhz you can get for about $135 at new egg but try a cooler less ram on say a value

SSD: PNY Optima 240GB (but there are good hyper x ssd for a budget) or a 850 evo from Samsung

HDD: Seagate barracude 1tb

SSHD: Seagate sshd

Sounds good! is the 8 core still good enough for gaming thought?

Sounds good! is the 8 core still good enough for gaming thought?

Yep I I I think it is a good budget cpu over so a i3 or non ocable i5

I think you should look into used parts.  Look how much success Linus and Luke had.  Hopefully you live in a fairly large city and will have some luck checking around locally.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I think you should look into used parts.  Look how much success Linus and Luke had.  Hopefully you live in a fairly large city and will have some luck checking around locally.

As much as I would like to go on treasure hunting I don't have the time between work and school, so is not an option.

Actually dude, check out these benchmarks.  I don't think for those specific programs, more cores are better.

photoshop.png

---

premiere.png

---

aftereffects.png

---

lightroom.png

---

x264.png

---

photo_cs6_op.png

---

blender.png

---

3dmax.png

---

autocad.png

---

67478.png

---

67475.png

---

67476.png

---

67485.png

---

55335.png

Look into an i5 or i7 if possible.  Don't be afraid of used components.  An i5/i7 will deliver excellent content creation performance, and will deliver a much, much better gaming experience.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Actually dude, check out these benchmarks.  I don't think for those specific programs, more cores are better.

photoshop.png

---

premiere.png

---

aftereffects.png

---

lightroom.png

---

x264.png

---

photo_cs6_op.png

---

blender.png

---

3dmax.png

---

autocad.png

---

67478.png

---

67475.png

---

67476.png

---

67485.png

---

55335.png

Look into an i5 or i7 if possible.  Don't be afraid of used components.  An i5/i7 will deliver excellent content creation performance, and will deliver a much, much better gaming experience.

Thanks for taking your time and present me with that information!

Thanks for taking your time and present me with that information!

seeing the games you like to play you need an intel cpu those games are well know to favor strong CPU cores and AMD doesnt provide that...i think you'd be better with a core i5 or even a xeon 1230v3 or 1231v3 which are basicaly the same as the core i7-4770 and i7-4790...and those can run on a very cheap motherboard and are great all around CPU's...here's my suggestio if your budget allows for something like this you'd be golden:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($68.98 @ OutletPC)

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $366.96

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-01 20:37 EST-0500

Also, most of these applications you've mentioned benefit a lot more from single-threaded performance...in some situations having more CPU threads would benefit you...but this xeon chip is faster than FX in multi-threaded workloads and MUCH faster in single-threaded load.

Arma 3 for example run like crap at sub 30FPS on even an highly overclocked FX this is a well known fact...here's why:

uDDJvQB.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

seeing the games you like to play you need an intel cpu those games are well know to favor strong CPU cores and AMD doesnt provide that...i think you'd be better with a core i5 or even a xeon 1230v3 or 1231v3 which are basicaly the same as the core i7-4770 and i7-4790...and those can run on a very cheap motherboard and are great all around CPU's...here's my suggestio if your budget allows for something like this you'd be golden:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($68.98 @ OutletPC)

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $366.96

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-01 20:37 EST-0500

Also, most of these applications you've mentioned benefit a lot more from single-threaded performance...in some situations having more CPU threads would benefit you...but this xeon chip is faster than FX in multi-threaded workloads and MUCH faster in single-threaded load.

Arma 3 for example run like crap at sub 30FPS on even an highly overclocked FX this is a well known fact...here's why:

Thank you very much I think I would have to go for a Intel CPU then!