Battle of the mics!

Flight1sim
Go to solution Solved by Prastupok,

-snip-

The Audio-Technica, by far. If you can pony it up though, a Rode shotgun would be a little bit more versatile.

So which one is the better choice for multi use for videos and overall desk/podcast style: 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CCQI72/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AL7LHK6Q9LVTS

vs

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GYPS3M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

vs

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HE9G3UQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2XSSYK0V4SYAY

Sorry for making a 2nd topic about mics, the first one was different than this one :P

Thanks

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

-snip-

The Audio-Technica, by far. If you can pony it up though, a Rode shotgun would be a little bit more versatile.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Thanks, also there's no way I can get a rode shotgun... :/

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Out of those I would go with the Audio Technica option

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

The AT should be fine for your purposes then :)

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

What's with you and mics today.You been posting all day about mics.Also audio technica one.

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

What's with you and mics today.You been posting all day about mics.Also audio technica one.

Doing a project at school that were gonna do a voice over on, need it soon, that's why :)

So if I get the newer, I can also get a 35mm vintage lend on eBay which I've been wanting for a while, is the audio technica really THAT much better over the neewer?

Doing a project at school that were gonna do a voice over on, need it soon, that's why :)

Audio Technica

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Audio Techinca for days.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

So if I get the newer, I can also get a 35mm vintage lend on eBay which I've been wanting for a while, is the audio technica really THAT much better over the neewer?

Neewer is an OEM brand, selling things as cheap as they can. audio-technica is an audio company, and does a  lot of R&D into their individual products. A Neewer mic will work perfectly fine, but any reputable audio company can make something better for more money. Do you need something that works, or something that is better and costs more?

Neewer is an OEM brand, selling things as cheap as they can. audio-technica is an audio company, and does a  lot of R&D into their individual products. A Neewer mic will work perfectly fine, but any reputable audio company can make something better for more money. Do you need something that works, or something that is better and costs more?

This. All day long. Otherwise? inb4 buyer's remorse.

Okay, im just thinking that the mic will be used only a few times, and for some videos etc.

I would use a lens more, but i get your point, TO THE AUDIO TECHNICA IT IS!!

Okay, im just thinking that the mic will be used only a few times, and for some videos etc.

I would use a lens more, but i get your point, TO THE AUDIO TECHNICA IT IS!!

I wasn't arguing in favor of either. If you're only going to use it a couple of times, I'd argue for whatever is cheaper, and there's mics even cheaper than the Neewer depending on how you need to use them.

I wasn't arguing in favor of either. If you're only going to use it a couple of times, I'd argue for whatever is cheaper, and there's mics even cheaper than the Neewer depending on how you need to use them.

Meh, it's okay, I really enjoy doing little short-film like things, so might as well get the better mic just so we don't suffer static noise!

Bad news, the ATR 6550 is not available used for $35, now it's $51 which is pretty much out of the budget

I dunno about the neewer one, can any of you guys please help me find a good $25-35 USD mic if Possible?

Thanks

Bad news, the ATR 6550 is not available used for $35, now it's $51 which is pretty much out of the budget

I dunno about the neewer one, can any of you guys please help me find a good $25-35 USD mic if Possible?

Thanks

Does it need to be a shotgun like the others you were looking at? 

I use a CAD U37, which while also out of budget, I feel confident in recommending the brand at least. CAD U1 looks like a good option.