Any H1Z1 players here?

Arphenyte

Is it worth it? I've heard it's going free-to-play, but no one knows when (apparently).

It's supposed to go F2P when it's released. You're going to have to pay for the early access testing. It really depends on what your stance is for early access, whether the game is worth it or not.

If you liked dayz you will prob like this, i love it. Watch some live streams of battle royal or survival

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

Too busy playing DayZ. 

Why would I play that pile of shit?

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It kicks the crap out of DayZ in a lot of ways, mostly because DayZ is a broken unoptimized piece of crap. Sadly the survival in H1Z1, like most games sucks because of the community. Everyone is KOS and it sucks, also there are not as many zombies as there should be. Zombies should be a huge problem, not a minor distraction. There's really no reason to play it other than Battle Royale.

It kicks the crap out of DayZ in a lot of ways, mostly because DayZ is a broken unoptimized piece of crap. Sadly the survival in H1Z1, like most games sucks because of the community. Everyone is KOS and it sucks, also there are not as many zombies as there should be. Zombies should be a huge problem, not a minor distraction. There's really no reason to play it other than Battle Royale.

H1z1 is terribly optimized as well, it only runs better because of the massively reduced graphics, render distance, and general complexity. DayZ is really only poorly optimized for multicore CPUs which is what holds it back. Graphically it is actually fairly well optimized. In addition, before you call something broken how about you try playing it. As it currently sits there are zero game breaking bugs, and the few bugs in the current build are nothing more than a minor annoyance. It is superior to h1shit1 in every way, so before you go making generalized statements check your facts.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

H1z1 is terribly optimized as well, it only runs better because of the massively reduced graphics, render distance, and general complexity. DayZ is really only poorly optimized for multicore CPUs which is what holds it back. Graphically it is actually fairly well optimized. In addition, before you call something broken how about you try playing it. As it currently sits there are zero game breaking bugs, and the few bugs in the current build are nothing more than a minor annoyance. It is superior to h1shit1 in every way, so before you go making generalized statements check your facts.

This was the funniest thing I've read all day, I'll properly respond when I can get to a computer, saying DayZ is optimized and has no game breaking bugs is extremely ironic lol.

My friend seems to like it a lot, I plan on buying it soon too.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

This was the funniest thing I've read all day, I'll properly respond when I can get to a computer, saying DayZ is optimized and has no game breaking bugs is extremely ironic lol.

Name one game-breaking bug in the current build to prove your statement, otherwise your argument is invalid. Oh, and in case you need clarification, game breaking means the bug removes the ability of the game to function completely, or completely ruins the game experience. Also, I didn't say the game is optimized, I simply said that graphics optimization is not the issue. The CPU optimization is bad, but the graphical optimization is fine.

Its obvious you have little knowledge of the master piece that is DayZ SA. The game is optimized amazingly in the graphics department the large issue is the game being largely single threaded. The game has basically no game breaking bugs and if one is introduced it is fixed quickly. Plus you have a high IPC Intel chip I don't see how you can complain about DayZ performance, the game should run amazing for you. Unless YOU are doing something wrong or you simply don't own the game.

Source - my almost 600 hours in the game

Its obvious you have little knowledge of the master piece that is DayZ SA. The game is optimized amazingly in the graphics department the large issue is the game being largely single threaded. The game has basically no game breaking bugs and if one is introduced it is fixed quickly. Plus you have a high IPC Intel chip I don't see how you can complain about DayZ performance, the game should run amazing for you. Unless YOU are doing something wrong or you simply don't own the game.

Source - my almost 600 hours in the game

It drops below 30 and even 20 on the most powerful single card out and only at 1080p. Please stop pretending like the game is not in a bad state.

It would be fine if the game looked good but it doesn't, this is just bad optimization.

Edit: Also, please watch the whole video :)

Name one game-breaking bug in the current build to prove your statement, otherwise your argument is invalid. Oh, and in case you need clarification, game breaking means the bug removes the ability of the game to function completely, or completely ruins the game experience. Also, I didn't say the game is optimized, I simply said that graphics optimization is not the issue. The CPU optimization is bad, but the graphical optimization is fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2rcLvG3x3M

Every single one of these videos are from this week on this patch. It took me 5 minutes to find these.

And for the optimization, and also fits well into the bugs,

I've played this game, i've payed even more of the mod, don't pretend like this game isn't a broken mess.

Now referring back to my previous statement, H1Z1 is not that great but it's the best in it's genre that is sadly filled with broken cash ins on the DayZ mod, this includes the stand alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2rcLvG3x3M

Every single one of these videos are from this week on this patch. It took me 5 minutes to find these.

And for the optimization, and also fits well into the bugs,

I've played this game, i've payed even more of the mod, don't pretend like this game isn't a broken mess.

As I said before, I'm not saying the game is entirely well optimized. Only that the graphics optimization is not the issue. The graphics card that he used in that video is irrelevant. Anything past something like a 760 would have had the same results because it's the cpu causing the framerate drops. As for the bug videos that you listed:

First video: not a known bug, and in 400 hours+ of playing I've never experienced that.

Falling bug: Possibly game-breaking but again, with 400+ hours of play I've never experienced it so it really can't be that common, and anything that is so uncommon that it is hardly repeatable cannot be classified as game breaking.

V3S bug: entertaining, yes, gamebreaking, no. And small bugs like this are to be expected when dealing with new features in an in-development early access game.

water bug: Once again, not gamebreaking, and it really can't be very common sice i've never seen it in 400+ hours of game time.

bug rooms: bug that is only possible through deliberate exploitation. I've never had an issue with this.

Unless you can actually provide any game breaking bugs then I rest my case.

Edit: also according to your steam profile you don't even own the game so any "personal experience" that you might have is also a lie.

-

I have not experiences any of these bugs. Even so the room bug is deliberate exploitation of the game, things like this happen in any game. Plus the V3S and flying bugs are about 3 days old and already have been fixed in the exp. hive. 

Now referring back to my previous statement, H1Z1 is not that great but it's the best in it's genre that is sadly filled with broken cash ins on the DayZ mod, this includes the stand alone.

I'd hardly consider you qualified to call it the best in the genre since it's the only one in the genre you own. You don't own rust, 7 days to die, dayz, the forest, nothing. It's the only one you have so what exactly are you comparing it to?

-

I think maybe you just suck at the game, that's why you complain. Please play the game for a few hours and show me the bugs you experience. (I expect video evidence.)

@M_Shane The really fucking funny part about this is you don't even own the damn game. And you are arguing with people who play the game since it launched. 

I'd hardly consider you qualified to call it the best in the genre since it's the only one in the genre you own. You don't own rust, 7 days to die, dayz, the forest, nothing. It's the only one you have so what exactly are you comparing it to?

Ok, I assume you looked at my Steam account but at the same time I think you didn't, because I do in fact own rust, DayZ mod and H1Z1 on my main account and own 7 Days to Die and DayZ standalone on an alternate account. I admit I've never played The Forest but that's not zombie survival anyways, in fact neither is Rust... Not exactly getting your point and not sure why you switched topics when I proved you wrong.

I think maybe you just suck at the game, that's why you complain. Please play the game for a few hours and show me the bugs you experience. (I expect video evidence.)

I'm gonna do this for some ignorant fanboy on a forum with post purchase rationalization? I think i'll just leave this at it is.

@M_Shane The really fucking funny part about this is you don't even own the damn game. And you are arguing with people who play the game since it launched. 

The really fucking funny part is most people have more than one Steam account for smurfing and things of such, I never purchased the game, that would be true but I was indeed gifted it, played about 17 hours total and gave up because it had the same performance problems as the mod yet doesn't even feel as complete as it... As a mod.

Not sure why both of you diverted your arguments, you claimed that DayZ was not un-optimized and did not have any game breaking bugs, I gave evidence proving my claim, you guys change it into an irrational fallacy to try to disprove an argument but at the same time only strengthening it. Please don't reply again, you have wasted enough of my time. You're obviously clinging to it and that's fine, I never had a problem with that, you guys challenged my opinion I gave you reasoning you then got defensive, I apologize that insulting that mess of a game hurt your feelings as if I insulted one of your family members.

I'm gonna do this for some ignorant fanboy on a forum with post purchase rationalization? I think i'll just leave this at it is.

I'm not a fanboy, I'm defending a product from unneeded hate. 

Not sure why both of you diverted your arguments, you claimed that DayZ was not un-optimized and did not have any game breaking bugs, I gave evidence proving my claim, you guys change it into an irrational fallacy to try to disprove an argument but at the same time only strengthening it. Please don't reply again, you have wasted enough of my time. You're obviously clinging to it and that's fine, I never had a problem with that, you guys challenged my opinion I gave you reasoning you then got defensive, I apologize that insulting that mess of a game hurt your feelings as if I insulted one of your family members.

I said DayZ is un-optimized on the CPU side of things, but graphics wise the optimization is pristine. Also you may have your opinion, but a opinion can be wrong. So don't give me the load of. 'your entitled to opinion bullshit', it's just shit people pull when they are scared to be wrong. Also you showed bugs that are from the recent update, which the bugs are already fixed in the exp branch and will come to stable soon, reinforcing my claim bugs are fixed within a few days. I don't wanna read stupid shit from some kid on the internet ranting about a game he never played. So please tell me why a game loved by a million or so is bad because you don't like it (and refuse to play it). Also my dad left when I was 5 and my mother is hates me, so I would prefer if you insult my family members as they are all pieces of living shit.