Can I run BF4?

toastythomas
Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

Absolutely yes, I ran the beta on a gtx 550ti on windows 7 at 1080p with framerates around 60 (although I didn't max it out by any stretch).

barely but yes

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

barely but yes

How does the OS effect my gameplay? What will it look like with only 1GB Video RAM?

Remember to drink water!

it will work on medium-low settings. the 7870 is just the older version of the R9 270.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

How does the OS effect my gameplay? What will it look like with only 1GB Video RAM?

os barely at all

no idea I played it a bit on my 650 but even it had 2gb

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It will be crappy and you will have lag spikes and low FPS, but if you lower the settings down enough, you should get an FPS of around 30 to 50.

Absolutely yes, I ran the beta on a gtx 550ti on windows 7 at 1080p with framerates around 60 (although I didn't max it out by any stretch).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

60fps on high with a bit of overclock.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I ran BF4 for several months after it came out at 1080p on an old 1 GB GTX 460. It was kind of rough at times, but it ran okay at low settings.

The OS recommendation is because (supposedly) there is a slight performance benefit in BF4 from Windows 8. I guarantee you a sizable portion (probably at least half) of BF4 players are happily using Windows 7.

How did you get 60 fps on a 550ti!??!

on my old PC i had a 550ti and it ran like crap ,20 fps, unplayable , 1080p win 7 32 bit

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How did you get 60 fps on a 550ti!??!

on my old PC i had a 550ti and it ran like crap ,20 fps, unplayable , 1080p win 7 32 bit

By using low settings ^^ I can see 32 bit being your problem... as well as the fact I have an i7, and bf4 is cpu intensive.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

He has 8GB's already? 

My bad lol, I was on mobile so I didn't see his specs and didn't pay attention when it said "dedicated video ram" I just skimmed and assumed he had 1gb of ram LOL

Yeah I used a 550ti on the beta (now use a 970 after giving the 550ti to my lil bro) and the game ran fine on low. OP will be able to play bf4. Lower the settings and maybe, if you still don't get 60 fps, lower the resolution. I'm pretty confident though that with low/medium settings you could pull 60 fps at 1080p.

I'm not sure about the i3 though. I've never used less than a quad core in bf4.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!