February 27, 2015 - The WAN Show Document

LinusTech

You guys are definitely my favorite Youtube channel. I'll follow you guys to whatever website you go to.

Thanks for producing such awesome content.

@Slick, whole warehouse water-cooling project? 

If you need a hand, I'm technically useless but I can provide a good heckle and some lawn chairs to watch the shenanigans go down. 

Linus, you should review the "FeiyuG3 Ultra 3 Axis Handheld Gimbal," it's really cool and useful for outdoorsy/travel videos.

Did you know that the dividers in offices,the ones that seperate one cubicle from another,are excellent sound absorbers.They make great sound baffles and can be picked up cheap at used office furniture/supply stores.You can mount them on walls if you choose to or just leave them on their stands/feet.

Like this as an example of what I mean.http://www.soundproofcow.com/Soft-Sound-Acoustic-Partition.html

I am just sugessting these as a cheap way to soundproof the new studio.

Did you know that the dividers in offices,the ones that seperate one cubicle from another,are excellent sound absorbers.They make great sound baffles and can be picked up cheap at used office furniture/supply stores.You can mount them on walls if you choose to or just leave them on their stands/feet.

Like this as an example of what I mean.http://www.soundproofcow.com/Soft-Sound-Acoustic-Partition.html

I am just sugessting these as a cheap way to soundproof the new studio.

^This

No need to buy foam, just get all your furniture into your office and your reverb will stop almost instantly.

also Nvidia :)
they did use the 3D memory on Titan Z. and that was the first time . so samsung didnt bring something new to the table
so not just samsung used 3D idea in the consumer world. 

just  a note i thought it is worth to poin it out for the members

WDw05yU.jpg

Seriously.. people stayed and talked for a couple hours afterwards..lol

RE: Sound dampening the new office

Adding foam to the entire ceiling sounds expensive and unnecessary. Soft furnishings, carpets, curtains etc. will help a lot. You could also put in partitions or build enclosed sets for the different shows. The other advantage to having enclosed sets would mean being able to shoot many videos at once without noise crossing over from set to set

Did Linus seriously just compared Samsung galaxy phones to Mercedes cars?

I mean, Mercedes is just car that works, it works perfectly, it works for ever, it is practical, ergonomic and of course, comfortable. You can look at their lowest tier A Class and still find these values. Where galaxy is just painful to use, not clean, no longevity, terrible ergonomic. It is just overflow of stuff some of it work, some you don´t even care and some just outright broken. Having send their development process, their terrible communication between HQs in different countries, the chaotic environment (but quite friendly, nice guys :-) ), no wonder. Only think that came close was that Alpha phone, but lacked a lot on the practical side, for me.

Also, Mercedes Chief wouldn´t say this if he wasn´t pretty sure.

The new Wan Show background should be a kitchen.

Or at least put a spatula or something like that in it.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604