PC Build for streaming games

Daniel Davis

HOLY BALLZ DANIEL as you look at this next build post how meany build post are u gonna make us help u with?! Well youre all my slaves now so deal with it (Glasses)... On a more serious note today or for how ever long I need help use this web site to help me make the essential build www.pcpartpicker.com Now to make this quick this is everything b4 u ask the questions

Price Range: OVER 9000! (Jk its really 900-1600 expand if u think necessary but not to much)

Uses: Editing,Streaming, Gaming, Some Photo Shop

Least amount of Space : 1 Tb and a ssd for the OS

You can stream with Shadowplay so you don't need a phenomenally beefy system. Faceman's suggestion would work great or if you wanna put some more money in savings you'd most likely be fine with an i5-4690K too.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

HOLY BALLZ DANIEL as you look at this next build post how meany build post are u gonna make us help u with?! Well youre all my slaves now so deal with it (Glasses)... On a more serious note today or for how ever long I need help use this web site to help me make the essential build www.pcpartpicker.com Now to make this quick this is everything b4 u ask the questions

Price Range: OVER 9000! (Jk its really 900-1600 expand if u think necessary but not to much)

Uses: Editing,Streaming, Gaming, Some Photo Shop

Least amount of Space : 1 Tb and a ssd for the OS

Here's a pretty darn good build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($318.98 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($137.94 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($109.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($118.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($329.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1399.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-27 22:28 EST-0500

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DHW4mG
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DHW4mG/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($318.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($103.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($109.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($70.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($349.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1393.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-27 22:35 EST-0500

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Get a 1440P monitor you won't regret it

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

You can stream with Shadowplay so you don't need a phenomenally beefy system. Faceman's suggestion would work great or if you wanna put some more money in savings you'd most likely be fine with an i5-4690K too.

. Please use 720p 60fps.

. Please use 720p 60fps.

Each video has exactly the same bitrate, resolution, framerate, window capture method, and you can even see my PC's stats in it.

-snip-

If you are trying to do good streaming, please get an i7.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Use steam streaming, stream to a laptop, have the laptop stream to twitch, and the PC to game on. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

This is Shadowplay. Please use 720p 60fps.

This is x264. Please use 720p 60fps.

Each video has exactly the same bitrate, resolution, framerate, window capture method, and you can even see my PC's stats in it.

If you are trying to do good streaming, please get an i7.

What was the bitrate?

I've recorded using x264 in OBS and Shadowplay and my OBS results looked much poorer in quality. All the pixelation and blurring present in your Shadowplay test is exactly what I encountered recording using Intel HD Graphics to record in OBS. I record at 1080P 60 FPS 40K bitrate.

Although neither of my tests had as much as either of the ones you did... did they go through editing software?

What was the bitrate?

I've recorded using x264 in OBS and Shadowplay and my OBS results looked much poorer in quality. All the pixelation and blurring present in your Shadowplay test is exactly what I encountered recording using Intel HD Graphics to record in OBS. I record at 1080P 60 FPS 40K bitrate.

Although neither of my tests had as much as either of the ones you did... did they go through editing software?

2000 bitrate. What a stream would be using on average if non-partner. Maybe 2500 can be used, but the higher you go the harder it is for people to watch.

Next, I used NVENC in OBS and x264 in OBS with medium compression for the videos. Raw files were uploaded, which is why the videos were so short.

Shadowplay and Quicksync are both very low compression codecs. Shadowplay recording is fine because the bitrate is massive, but streaming requires low bitrates and thus it's not feasible to use either.

Instead of telling people shadowplay sucks for streaming, I'm simply going to link them those videos for now.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Hmmm perhaps OBS just doesn't produce as good results as shadowplay at higher bitrates but x264 is better at lower bitrates. Thanks for the detailed response, @D2ultima

Hmmm perhaps OBS just doesn't produce as good results as shadowplay at higher bitrates but x264 is better at lower bitrates. Thanks for the detailed response, @D2ultima

Shadowplay itself is 1st party, so I doubt third party freeware not sponsored or endorsed by nVidia would be on par, really. There is a definite difference in the ability of the NVENC encoder and actually using Shadowplay, however. But either way, the source file is garbage. Try recording with Fraps or Playclaw or DXTory and then try recording actually using shadowplay, then run the resulting video through Handbrake at the same compression settings (veryfast, 1080p, 60fps, main, level 4.0) and see how fast handbrake renders the Shadowplay videos. It's insane; usually I get 75-90fps in a shadowplay video when rendering it over, and a playclaw video of the same game would be more like 15-25fps render speed. It's because there's almost no compression on the source and just high bitrate in shadowplay, and fraps/playclaw/etc will compress their stuff more and have a higher overall quality.

@D2ultima I cant use x264 idk why its weird and im not using a nvidia gpu so cant use shadow play

If you are using OBS of Xsplit, you are rendering in x264 by default, and do not need to change anything.

If you "can't use x264" then you "can't run OBS/Xsplit/FMLE/FFSplit/etc".