Replacing be quiet! Dark Rock 2 fan?

Makaseo

I'm looking at NCIX US's massive sale on the Dark Rock 2 right now, but that all-black theme is a bit much for my build, personally.

Would it be inadvisable to replace the included fan with two 3rd-party fans in push/pull? I wanted to go for black case/white blades, like from Swiftech, Gelid or NZXT, but I'm not sure if there are good pressure-optimized fans with this color scheme.

Would doing this make the cooler considerably louder or run hotter? I'm not really planning on overclocking my 4670k much, if at all. My original tentative plan was to do this with the Xigmatek Dark Knight, but the Dark Rock 2 looks much better and with the sale, is at the same price point.

Thanks for any replies, appreciate it!

Well Be Quiet!'s fans are extremely quiet and obviously have been matched with the scenario of heatsink cooling, so they're going to be pretty well tuned for static pressure. Of course, any high static pressure fans can effectively do the same job, but you are limiting yourself to decent quality, quiet fans that can supply the same amount of pressure with that colour scheme I guess.

You also need to keep in mind that the Dark Rock 2 and Pro editions use PWM fans from Be Quiet! which helps to reduce the noise a lot at idle. You may want to look at getting fans that can be PWM controlled, or at least come with noise adapters.

Swiftech is really the only one on that list of fans that has good static pressure. The noiseblocker E-Loops are really good white fans and can compare to noctua some time.

I'll definitely research more into pressure optimized fans. Can the dark rock be set up in push/pull? Is the stock fan even replaceable?

the stock fan is replaceable, if you look at a picture you will see the silver retention clips. Those clips will work with any standard 120mm fan or a fan that is larger, but has 120mm mounting like the noctua NF-A15. Sadly the cooler cannot be put in push/pull.

the stock fan is replaceable, if you look at a picture you will see the silver retention clips. Those clips will work with any standard 120mm fan or a fan that is larger, but has 120mm mounting like the noctua NF-A15. Sadly the cooler cannot be put in push/pull.

Ah that's unfortunate. Thanks for the help!

Be Quiet! makes some of the best fans out there, so what I don't get is why you'd want to replace it.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Noiseblocker eLoop

they don't just look fancy, no it actually works  :)

Noiseblocker eLoop

they don't just look fancy, no it actually works  :)

the 1500 rpm versions actually perform a extremely small amount better that noctua nf-f12

Careful, the second fan on this HSF is actually 135mm.

The Silent Wings fan which comes with the cooler is one of the best fans on the market in terms of noise to performance ratio. It is really not worth changing it.

The Silent Wings fan which comes with the cooler is one of the best fans on the market in terms of noise to performance ratio. It is really not worth changing it.

these fans cost about 25$ each and you ll pay about this much to get a fan with the same performance but another color.

these are one of the best fans around and unlike noctua they dont look that bad, i would definatly stick with those even if they re replacable.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB