i7 4820K overclocking

Hey Guys.

I was hoping I could ask for some feedback on overclocking.  I'm a beginner at overclocking and wanted to try my hand at overclocking my new i7 4820K processor.  So far, I managed to get my processor up to 4.6GHz with a voltage or 1.295 volts.  What is usually the best clock speed (sweet spot) for a processor like this one?  Also, is my current voltage setting considered safe for my CPU?  I usually like to err on the side of caution when it comes to overclocking because of the risk of frying it.  What do you guys think?  Will these settings be good for a long term stable overclock?  Thank you all for your input.

System Specs:

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

Intel i7 4820K Processor

16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Memory

EVGA GTX 970 FTW Edition GPU

Corsair HX850 PSU

Would not push it above 1.4 Volts...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Interesting setup. Quad-core "enthusiast" chip with a high-end board and expensive memory, you should have spent more money on the processor and less on the board, but anyway.  To answer your question, 4.6GHz is considered a very good overclock on these processors and your voltage is fine too. Anything under 1.35V is going to be good for a 24/7 overclock. 1.4V might be as well, but it becomes very CPU cooler dependent. I used to have an i7 3820, which is nearly the same processor as yours and I had it overclocked to 4.8GHz with 1.4V, but I was maxing out the capabilities of my H110 and that is one of the best AIO coolers you can get. This means that if you go above 1.35V to 1.4V you should pay close attention to your CPU temps and don't let them exceed 85C when stress-testing.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

My CPU cooler is a Corsair H100i.  The temperatures I'm getting are around 40*C and under with light load.  Temperatures under moderate to heavy load are somewhere around 50 to 60*C. These are all readings according to the CPU-Z Hardware Monitor program I'm using.  When I compared the performance of the H100i to the original H100, I found temperatures to be up to 10 degrees cooler.  In retrospect, the H100i was well worth the upgrade.  I am curious how well the new H110 GT and H100 GTX will perform compared to the previous generations of this particular cooler.  Overall, it's good to know that my overclock will be fine in the long run and my H100i can handle it without any problems.

I ran a recent stress test using the Intel Burn Test program.  My overclock remained stable.  Voltage peaked at 1.328 volts with temperatures peaking at 68*C.  The program said it failed the stress test after the 8th test, but since my system did not crash, I'd consider that a successful test.