My ASUS XONAR DG is not being recogized.

codytappen
Go to solution Solved by codytappen,

After flashing the EEPROM it still wasn't being recognized... Turns out I had the DS drivers instead of the DG drivers. I felt so freaking stupid.

As stated above my Xonar DG is not being recognized in Windows (7). It was working fine until my RAM died on me a few weeks back which corrupted my Windows partition and forced me to reinstall. Ever since the card hasn't been recognized in windows and when I tried installing the drivers it told me to plug the device in. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880MA-UD2H Rev.2102

Stuff that is probably less important:

CPU: Phenom II 1055T

GPU: GTX 580 (Palit w/ 1.5GBVRAM)

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

i have the exact same problem and still havent fixed it yet. have you tried to RMA the card? have you tried checking the EEPROM? hopefully one of those questions could solve you're problem. for some reason, i havent had luck with it

i have the exact same problem and still havent fixed it yet. have you tried to RMA the card? have you tried checking the EEPROM? hopefully one of those questions could solve you're problem. for some reason' date=' i havent had luck with it[/quote']

I'm pretty new to trouble shooting. How exactly would I check the EEPROM (I know what it is [because I looked it up on Wikipedia] just not how I would interface with it]

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Wait, so did you ever fix it?

Have a wonderful day.

I wasnt able to find it in device manager. It works on another computer though.

Have you tried other PCI or pcie slots?
It's a PCI card and the other slot is covered by my GPU...

Have a wonderful day.

• 2 weeks later...

After flashing the EEPROM it still wasn't being recognized... Turns out I had the DS drivers instead of the DG drivers. I felt so freaking stupid.

Have a wonderful day.

After flashing the EEPROM and it still wouldn't be recognized... Turns out I had the DS drivers instead of the DG drivers. I felt so freaking stupid.
Trololol, wrong drivers....so silly.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -