MSI Z97 Gaming 5 issue.

Go to solution Solved by 79wjd,

So when you have cpu ratio (auto) highlighted and you type in...say 40, it doesn't change? 

(note, you override auto by typing -- you don't have to take it off auto or anything like that first)

I recently built my new gaming computer centered around the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard and the Intel i5 4690k CPU.  I got it all together and everything runs fine, but I can not access the option to change my CPU multiplier.  It is white like it should be able to be chosen, but it will not let me click it.

Any idea why this would be happening?

Here are a couple of screen shots of the bios if that will help.

So when you have cpu ratio (auto) highlighted and you type in...say 40, it doesn't change? 

(note, you override auto by typing -- you don't have to take it off auto or anything like that first)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I recently built my new gaming computer centered around the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard and the Intel i5 4690k CPU.  I got it all together and everything runs fine, but I can not access the option to change my CPU multiplier.  It is white like it should be able to be chosen, but it will not let me click it.

Any idea why this would be happening?

Here are a couple of screen shots of the bios if that will help.

Use the  + - on your number pad.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Wow...I feel like a complete moron.  I was sure I'd have to take it off auto before I was able to change the multiplier....Thanks!

Wow...I feel like a complete moron.  I was sure I'd have to take it off auto before I was able to change the multiplier....Thanks!

It's very counter-intuitive, and MSI really should change it....but what can you do.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.