A router with 3 IPTV ports and 1 LAN port?

marcelroed
Go to solution Solved by thekeemo,

Any cheap router will fix that issue

Ok, so here's the deal. I need a LAN port, and my family needs a LAN port from our router. The issue is that there's only one available port in our router (or so I think). It's labelled "PC", while the other ports are labelled "TV". After some searching around I found that these most likely are IPTV ports, but why the hell would I need 3 of these in one place!? Is there a way for me to change the use for these ports? Has anyone else ever encountered this issue? The router is a Tilgin HG2301. Thanks in advance.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You could always buy a cheap switch.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

You could always buy a cheap switch.

Man, had no idea switches were that cheap. Thanks a lot :D

just connect to whatever port is empty and look if you get a connection, probably those are common lan ports, but labeled for whatever reason your isp ask that oem to

Go for a switch. Tampering with the ISP router could make things worse if you don't know what you're doing. Also you might need those IPTV ports in the future.