GPU REC

Hwy guys im planning my first build right now. Ive been doing some research on my GPU (i more or less have everything else down).

Im wondering what is the difference between the r9 280 and the 7970? What is the performance differences between the two cards? I can get a r9 280 for about $170, how much less would a 7970 cost me? I ask that because i dont have a lot of money. 

Also would it be woth it to go on eBay and Creigslist and search for a used card? Are the reliable and dependable and not totally sketchy over buying brand new? 

This is my build so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ShawnWilliams/saved/8hhdnQ

Consume The Darkness

Hwy guys im planning my first build right now. Ive been doing some research on my GPU (i more or less have everything else down).

Im wondering what is the difference between the r9 280 and the 7970? What is the performance differences between the two cards? I can get a r9 280 for about $170, how much less would a 7970 cost me? I ask that because i dont have a lot of money. 

Also would it be woth it to go on eBay and Creigslist and search for a used card? Are the reliable and dependable and not totally sketchy over buying brand new? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Build looks fine. And there is absolutely no difference between a R9 280 and 7970. They are the same. Same applies to 280X = 7970 Ghz. I don't have any experience buying used GPUs. So I can't help you there sorry.