Cutting Molex on Case fans

dialgarocksful

How do I cut it? I got a Deepcool XFAN 120 and Deepcool WindBlade 120. Both are connected by 1 set of wire. I don't know how will I cut it and re-connect it.

Spoiler

How do I cut it? I got a Deepcool XFAN 120 and Deepcool WindBlade 120. Both are connected by 1 set of wire. I don't know how will I cut it and re-connect it.

For this one it's fairly easy, it's just a matter or cutting off the molex and making sure the two wires are insulated and your left with just a 3 pin fan:

668284_v03_b.jpg

The other however requires more work, you'll cut off the molex and but then it leaves you with 2 red and 2 black wires that then need to be re-connected to the 3 pin by soldering, if you want you can take out the pins on the molex of the red and black wires and use some shrink tube over the bare molex pins to insulate.

adi-deepcool-xfan120-3.jpg

The other however requires more work, you'll cut off the molex and but then it leaves you with 2 red and 2 black wires that then need to be re-connected to the 3 pin by soldering, if you want you can take out the pins on the molex of the red and black wires and use some shrink tube over the bare molex pins to insulate.

adi-deepcool-xfan120-3.jpg

Do I solder the red and black wires together to form another connection, after I cut the molex part?

Spoiler

Do I solder the red and black wires together to form another connection, after I cut the molex part?

Yes for that one you will need to reconnect/solder the red and black wires to the 3 pin after removing the molex.