Dusting mobo with a brush zap it?

I seen linus cleaned the pcb of his GPU with a brush, I'm just worried about static but I cannot remove that layer of dust on the PCB with compressed air, will using the brush be okay. If you could help me out that would be great.

I seen linus cleaned the pcb of his GPU with a brush, I'm just worried about static but I cannot remove that layer of dust on the PCB with compressed air, will using the brush be okay. If you could help me out that would be great.

Yes, turn the psu switch off but leave it plugged in the wall, that way its grounded.

brushes are made of fine plastic now adays and plastic is non conductive but does generate freicition just go very fast and ule be fine make sure everything is off and unplug the pc to be safe if you want

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Unless you're going to be rubbing a brush on the pcb all day long, you'll be just fine. You'll probably wear away the paint before static ever becomes an issue...

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD