Portable Headphones <$150

Haha, I'm glad I'm done with high school

*university for me sir

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

*university for me sir

Ahhh, alright :) I'm taking a year off to really find out what I want to do. I also really just needed a break from school

UPDATE: Decided on getting Sennheiser HD558's for house use. Still looking for good portables though $150 max. <$100 is sweet spot.

Looking for something that is:

- durable. I'll bne puitting it in my bag with books and a laptop

- Closed as I do not want sound to leak to others.

- Mainly listen to EDM, Jazz, 90's Hiphop.

- under $100 Canadian. $150 CAD max if they are absolutely better than the rest

- detachable cable. not a priority if it has great sound and durable. 

Has anyone tried the ath ws55 or koss pro dj100? 

Updated the thread. So any other recommendations? Also would a fiio e11 be a good choice to pair with the hd 558 and also some portables?

Updated the thread. So any other reccomendations? Also would a fiio e11 be a good choice for powering the hd 558 and also some portables?

I would recommend nothing as far as "powering" goes, but V-Moda's got a solid line up of headphones.

Edit: oh look, I already recommended that months ago....

I would recommend nothing as far as "powering" goes, but V-Moda's got a solid line up of headphones.

Edit: oh look, I already recommended that months ago....

Their headphones be $200+ :/

http://amzn.com/B003BYRGKY

this

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

On Amazon, they were going for around a hundred - just checked and they're mostly out of stock of the Crossfade LP's and the rest are going for $150 ish.

Strange.

That's not .ca broski

http://is.gd/OeSkWq

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I'll +1 the vmoda and still stick with my suggestion of the ad700 and ws55 combo

I got the ws55 for $50 something shipped and brand new off of ebay and the ad700 used for 60 or 70ish shipped. all in canada bucks. 

I might retract my suggestion of the koss dj100 as I look at that hinge design it looks way too similar to the pioneer hdj1000's which are breaking apart left and right. that said I haven't seen too many people reporting failures on the koss 

the ws55 and the ad700 both excel in the areas that each are deficient in. if I got more sleep I would think of a video game/anime/comic book reference of a pair of very different characters that operate so differently that they team up so very well. 

ws55 for $76 a steal?

ws55 for $76 a steal?

$76 is average. $76 plus ship is sort of a ripoff. the $50 something shipped (from japan) I got it for was criminal. 

I wouldn't grab the ws55 as a stand alone headphone. as I said before it is a light build it is an on ear. I'd look for the ws77 or the ws99 as a stand alone headphone if you want to put all your eggs in one basket. 

$76 is average. $76 plus ship is sort of a ripoff. the $50 something shipped (from japan) I got it for was criminal. 

I wouldn't grab the ws55 as a stand alone headphone. as I said before it is a light build it is an on ear. I'd look for the ws77 or the ws99 as a stand alone headphone if you want to put all your eggs in one basket. 

I already have HD558 for home use. need something portable. Would you mind helping me find that $50 price? I'm in Canada so it might not be av\ailable to me. AccessoryJack.com has the ws55 for $76 shipped which is the cheapest I can find. MSRP is $99?