Corsair Recalls H110i GT from Retailers

RZeroX

Corsair Recalls H110i from Retailers

Corsair has recalled the H110i GT from retailers after a leaking issue has been found that some units when exposes to sub-freezing temperatures. A not to all those who currently use the H110i GT that the units are not faulty, as they will not leak in any use case as your house should be above freezing temperatures at all times.

The problem can be identified in units upon opening the box and finding small drops of coolant it the plastic bag surrounding the H110i GT, any users who find a unit like this should RMA the unit.

Corsair have recalled all these units in order to do extensive testing under a variety of operating conditions in order to conclusively prove that the unit will not leak when in operation, note that no users of the H110i GT reported that it leaked while under load/ in a system.

20051455554l.jpeg

Here is Corsair's official statement on the issue;

"Greetings everyone.

As a precautionary measure, Corsair has recalled the H110i GT from our resellers for screening. Here’s some information about what this means to you.

1. We discovered that when some units are exposed to extremely cold, sub-freezing temperatures during shipment, they can leak small amounts of coolant.

2. This problem can be immediately identified when the box is opened as some users noticed small drops of coolant in the plastic bag surrounding the unit.

3. If there has been no coolant leaked in the package, the unit should operate normally and with no problems.

Though we have seen no failures of units during operation, and have tested units in a wide variety of conditions to verify they have not leaked once installed, we understand that this can be disconcerting. If you have purchased this product and have a concern, please contact your reseller or Corsair directly to return the product. We will likely not have replacement units available for six weeks, as the entire recall, screening, and re-manufacturing process takes significant shipping time. 

Thank you for purchasing Corsair, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

While this issue is may be very concerning to those that own an H110i GT, they can at least be content that no leaks have been reported in a system so far. This move from Corsair clearly shows that they are acting in a very responsible way, with this extra caution being to major expense to the company.

It is great to see a company act in this way when a problem is found with one of their products, as a recall is not an inexpensive thing. Perhaps some other companies should take notice that they cannot just ignore the issue and hope that it goes away.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cases_cooling/corsair_recalls_h110i_gt_from_retailers/1

I really like their customer support, a CPU mounting bracket was missing from my H100i, i just went to their live chat support, gave them the serial number and my address and i got an entire set of replacements on the following day.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan