Phanteks Enthoo Pro, NZXT H440, or Corsair Air 540?

rambi36

My vote went to the enthoo pro. I really like mine, they have really good customer service. It really is stupid big. Cable management was so easy also comes with good fans. Atm it's a tie for the 540 and pro so it may depend on keeping air cooled or going water down the line. I just know that the pro will last a lot longer than my gpu/cpu will.\

Edit. because i can't type correctly on my phone :(.

kinda depends on how much of a silence/clean freak you might be.

the 540 is high flow, but with that fan noise can get a bit nerving. not much "baffling"

for interior noise like GPU/CPU fans.

the enthoo pro is right up there, but if you detest dust sediment in your chassis,

the open filters do not stop much (if any) dust from entering the case (roof or front).

Phanteks Enthoo Pro, easy choice.  Best case for $100.

There is a simple workaround to the front unfiltered portion of the chassis.  You can tape it up from the inside, it doesn't show and it blocks it all.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

kinda depends on how much of a silence/clean freak you might be.

the 540 is high flow, but with that fan noise can get a bit nerving. not much "baffling"

for interior noise like GPU/CPU fans.

the enthoo pro is right up there, but if you detest dust sediment in your chassis,

the open filters do not stop much (if any) dust from entering the case (roof or front).

My case must be an oddball, since my rig has a lot less dust in it with just the front intakes and rear exhaust (fans from an Air 540).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Hi, I'm new here and having the same problem choosing between the Enthoo Pro and Air 540. >_<

I'm thinking about just tossing a coin to decide or something, not sure. I have read about problems with the Enthoo Pro's window, that it scratches really easy. Anyone have any problems with it?

Mine shipped from California to Tennessee without the window being broken or scratched. They will ship you a free one if it does. The foam was busted. If the box that holds your screws stays it will be fine. Did you see linus's review it comes with more than the case.

I grabbed a C70 two years ago.  After using this 99% steel case, I have a real hard time considering plastic cases.  I inspect cases like the H440, and although it's features are really good, I can't heartily consider purchasing it.  It feels flimsy. 

Anyone else suffer from plastiphobia?

:(

I grabbed a C70 two years ago.  After using this 99% steel case, I have a real hard time considering plastic cases.  I inspect cases like the H440, and although it's features are really good, I can't heartily consider purchasing it.  It feels flimsy. 

Anyone else suffer from plastiphobia?

:(

Interesting. I was actually thinking at first about getting a C70 but i went away from it thinking it was a bit dated. Do you feel its still a good case even in 2015?

Life.exe is missing

Interesting. I was actually thinking at first about getting a C70 but i went away from it thinking it was a bit dated. Do you feel its still a good case even in 2015?

I love my case... performance is decent.   I run 4 intakes and 3 exhausts - I removed both hard drive cages and mounted the SSD using Velcro strips. I also have a Bitfenix Recon to control the noise level.

I tend to like the S340, and the Corsair 450D, when I look through current cases.  S340 for price and build quality.

Oh, and mind you... I paid $90 for my C70... Canadian currency.

I grabbed a C70 two years ago.  After using this 99% steel case, I have a real hard time considering plastic cases.  I inspect cases like the H440, and although it's features are really good, I can't heartily consider purchasing it.  It feels flimsy. 

the H440 is like the C70 mostly steel (the underpinnings of the roof and front

panel is the only plastic on the case). the roof panel and front panel faces are

100% painted steel. so don't know what is flimsy on the H440 case?

Get an Enthoo Pro, so we can be R1 Ultimate buddies and Enthoo Pro buddies :D

Seriously though, both the Enthoo and the Cryorig are great products. Go for both of them. You won't regret it  :)

CRYORIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG YASSSSSSSS

the H440 is like the C70 mostly steel (the underpinnings of the roof and front

panel is the only plastic on the case). the roof panel and front panel faces are

100% painted steel. so don't know what is flimsy on the H440 case?

The feeling of it...

Now you made me go look... I believe I was unimpressed with the H230.  The H440 felt okay, but nothing special... still "plasticky".  I also don't like Fractals, wanna pick on that too?  :D